Potassium Metabisulfate in Rose Wine Kit

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebusify

Reaction score
I'm playing with a Rose kit and curious if anyone would add any Potassium Metabisulfate before you ferment it? The instructions don't say add it before fermenting, only after so curious if you would add it before with a kit.

I'm playing with a Rose kit and curious if anyone would add any Potassium Metabisulfate before you ferment it? The instructions don't say add it before fermenting, only after so curious if you would add it before with a kit.

Since this is a kit wine, there is no need to add metabisulphite at the start, the juice is already devoid of bacteria and such that can cause issues.

Last edited:
Another question. The kit doesn't come with any yeast nutrients. Should I be adding them?

So the yeast that came with the kit is Lalvin EC-1118. You're saying that this yeast has enough nutrients in it and I won't need to add any more?

So the yeast that came with the kit is Lalvin EC-1118. You're saying that this yeast has enough nutrients in it and I won't need to add any more?

Kits are designed to be made with no extra things required to be added, except water. The kit came with EC-1118, if you use that yeast (and you probably should) no extra nutrients are required.

Back