Post your labels here

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Malmsey Maderia DSCN0021 (480x640) - .jpg Last bottle of the '75 Maderia. Recorking all my older wines, mostly really sweet (as you can see for this one), and decided to drink it instead. Very rich, smooth, and since it was baked in my basement estufa, the fact that the cork was in bad shape did not seem to have damaged the wine at all. Had to filter out the bits of the cork that came undone in the excitement. The XYL did the drawing, and the old Commodore PET dot matrix printer did the text. Ah, the good old days.

Nice!

As long as we are talking about memories, is there a reason your user name is memnosine, rather than mnemosine (or mnemosyne)? I have always been curious about this!

Yes, I wanted to use mnemosyne, but some one had already registered it (this was for my original use back in the old User Group days), so I went with something close, and used ".sine" because I'm an EE. (I'm delighted that I remember that far back.)

Yes, I wanted to use mnemosyne, but some one had already registered it (this was for my original use back in the old User Group days), so I went with something close, and used ".sine" because I'm an EE. (I'm delighted that I remember that far back.)

That is a great story/memory. :)

Wow. These are excellent. What software did you use to create the label? I'd love to learn how you made them.
thx

Here's a mock-up of my next wine: a Chilean Malbec/Carmenere/Cab Sauv blend aged in M+ Hungarian oak soaked in Whiskey. Calling it the Charon Blend, based on the Greek boatman of the Underworld. Hopefully it'll have an earthy, smoky flavor to fit the "theme"

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 139
Not a wine label, but it contains my wine. I make a bunch of hot sauces from our garden. Ghost-Cat is my favourite so far.
This year will be my first growing carolina reapers and apocalypse scorpions, so need to come up with creative names for sauces based off those. I like blending them with booze, so will contain wine or whisky.
ghostcatsample2.png

Last edited:
Back