Post a Meme, any Meme! (no politics)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ohhh-Kaaaay... Let's see what kind of comments these bring up! :oops:

View attachment 109010

That instantly brought my memory back to a good ol' Dave Barry column: Dave Barry Official Website

Copying a fair-use snippet:
Or, as Bo Bishop put it: "They're selling processed weasel doodoo for $300 a pound."

I first thought this was a clever hoax designed to ridicule the coffee craze. Tragically, it is not. There really is a Luwak coffee. I know because I bought some from a specialty-coffee company in Atlanta. I paid $37.50 for two ounces of beans. I was expecting the beans to look exotic, considering where they'd been, but they looked like regular coffee beans. In fact, for a moment I was afraid that they were just regular beans, and that I was being ripped off.

Then I thought: What kind of world is this when you worry that people might be ripping you off by selling you coffee that was NOT pooped out by a weasel?

You can put it in glasses bigger than an ounce? šŸ˜²

My father was in California golfing and a friend bought a round of Patron in shot glasses. My father asked the barman for some salt, who looked him in the eye (at 75) with a dead pan expression and asked, 'What, are you 21? šŸ˜‚

He got his salt, but never stopped laughing about it. Any time he asks to pass the salt we give him the same reply. Never gets old!

Back