Post a Meme, any Meme! (no politics)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 105156

The above is the safe-for-work version.

MY version is: Dude, you're in line behind me, so shut your trap. And be thankful I'm buying coffee, as it's the only thing that will keep you alive until lunch time. At that time, well, we'll see if I buy another cup or if I get a shovel and call a friend ...

🤣

SOLUTION: Work for a company that provides the coffee. I only worked at one place in my entire career that did not provide free coffee. :D

SOLUTION: Work for a company that provides the coffee. I only worked at one place in my entire career that did not provide free coffee. :D
Yeah, almost every job I have had has had a kitchen area with a fridge, microwave, and a coffee machine, and provided coffee beans (and tea bags). But early in my career, working for the Metropolitan Transportation Authority in NYC (NYCTA, Metro North, Long Island RR, TBTA [Robert Moses's cash cow], and Staten Island Rapid Transit), there was no free coffee. Simple solution, 3 of us had our cubes together, someone had an extra coffee machine and we took turns buying good but cheap ground coffee and making the coffee.

We had a donation can, asked for 10 cents a cup, always had enough to buy the next # of coffee, and occasional filters. This was 1990, pre-Starbucks, and you could get a cup of meh coffee for 50 cents - $1.00 as close by as downstairs in our building, where a regular was two sugars and milk. Never dreamed of a world where people paid $5-10 for daily cups of coffee...

Yeah, almost every job I have had has had a kitchen area with a fridge, microwave, and a coffee machine, and provided coffee beans (and tea bags). But early in my career, working for the Metropolitan Transportation Authority in NYC (NYCTA, Metro North, Long Island RR, TBTA [Robert Moses's cash cow], and Staten Island Rapid Transit), there was no free coffee. Simple solution, 3 of us had our cubes together, someone had an extra coffee machine and we took turns buying good but cheap ground coffee and making the coffee.

We had a donation can, asked for 10 cents a cup, always had enough to buy the next # of coffee, and occasional filters. This was 1990, pre-Starbucks, and you could get a cup of meh coffee for 50 cents - $1.00 as close by as downstairs in our building, where a regular was two sugars and milk. Never dreamed of a world where people paid $5-10 for daily cups of coffee...

Yep, the one job I had that did not provide coffee was a gubmint job, too.

Latest posts

Back