Post a Meme, any Meme! (no politics)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One still stands in my house. One still stands in my farm shop. And since it is completely amazing how cheaply people sell totally awesome used stereo equipment for, they will stand for some time. I bought a mint set of Infinity 12-inch 3-way speakers for the farm shop for $50 off Craigslist. Unreal. Guy said his wife didn't like how big they were, lol.

Nice!

I still have a similar stack, though not quite as many components. :) As for speakers, I picked up a pair of Martin-Logan electrostatic speakers for relatively small money at a church rummage sale. Not quite as good a deal as yours, but man they are sweet speakers for the money that I paid.

So after seeing that meme a couple times I finally had to read up to realize what this is about: "In excerpts of the [Prince Harry] memoir, which were published before its release by British newspaper The Guardian, he writes that during an argument in 2019, Prince William "grabbed me by the collar, ripping my necklace, and … knocked me to the floor", which he says resulted in a visible back injury after he landed on the dog's bowl in the kitchen of his home in the grounds of Kensington Palace."

But apparently Knock Down Ginger (or Knock Knock Ginger) is rarely about hitting or knocking down redheads and more often how the English refer to Ding Dong Ditch. "The classic practical joke of ding dong ditch is known by many names around the word: knock knock ginger in England, chicky melly in Scotland, knick knack in Ireland, and even nicky nicky nine doors in Canada. Whatever the name, the game is the same." Where you knock on a door / ring a door bell then run away (or hide out of sight to watch the confusion).

Anyways here's a crazy fake ad / meme, suggesting how much more of a stigma being red-headed seems to be (or have been) in the UK:
1673294001997.png

Latest posts

Back