Post a Meme, any Meme! (no politics)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Car peeps... Can I get an amen? :D

View attachment 78190

For those of you that have never had the joy of pliers slipping off one of these and pinching your finger, causing you to revisit that vocabulary Mom told you NOT to use, has missed one of the subtle enriching moments of life.

Correct. One of the more worrisome aspects of China is that the population is rapidly aging. In 2018, heard Gen. Michael Hayden, former director fo the CIA, give a speech on this very topic and its national security implications for the USA. Gen. Hayden has since suffered a debilitating stroke, and I wish him all the best in his lengthy recovery process.

What I wrote about that speech then:

The brewing situation in China is that its population is aging while at the same time, its economic boom is flattening, Hayden said. Moving 400 million Chinese into the middle class is commendable, he said, but China’s population will be older than the U.S. in a few years as a result of the one-child policy. “A Chinese demographer said China will be the first nation to get old before it gets rich,” he said.

Chinese President Xi Jinping will then be left with the Putin promise and the Russian solution, Hayden said. “If he can’t make you rich, he can make you proud.” Once a strategic, nuanced, patient country in its thought and approach to world affairs, China has “not been acting that way recently,” Hayden said, and apparently expansionist moves may have major effects. “The Sino-American relationship is the critical issue of the 21st century.”
I think they've recently changed their child policy.

For winemakers that isn't quite true, many of us might buy say 500 pounds of grapes and 60 cantaloupes (or watermelons) and nobody (well except for our Spousal Equivalents, Chief Financial Officers, SWMBO) will ask what the hell is wrong with us.

Latest posts

Back