Post a Meme, any Meme! (no politics)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'm so old that I remember when you called someone's HOME phone that was often mounted on the wall in the kitchen...
and if they weren't able to answer, it just rang and rang...
and then eventually you hung up....
and maybe later, you tried again...
But nobody FREAKED OUT that the call wasn't picked up somehow. At all...

I miss those days.

I'm so old that I remember when you called someone's HOME phone that was often mounted on the wall in the kitchen...

I miss those days.

And likewise, I fondly recall that if the home phone rang, you actually wanted to answer it. I still have a landline (VOIP, but still...), and I cannot recall the last time that someone whom I wanted to speak to called me on it. But lots of spam and robocalls!

I miss those days.
Were you lucky enough NOT to be on a party line ? I believe we had to share the one phone line with 4-5 neighboring farms. There was ALWAYS one that had to pick up the phone to see what the neighbors were talking about until one of their kids came running into the house shouting so you knew who was on the line and then they hung up.

Latest posts

Back