Possible Wine Rack?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BRGriffith

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

This morning I had the fortune of one of my friends giving me one of those cube type organizers, one with 9 cubes. It's meant to be a bookshelf or a place to store things, and it feels pretty sturdy. Would it be possible to store wine bottles in this? Each compartment can hold 9 bottles, so about 18 Lbs on each shelf. I figure books would weigh about the same, and it's 1 foot in depth so it would be very convenient. Any opinions would be appreciated.

Also, where I live I have a closet which contains my hot water heater. There's a lot of extra space in there, so I was wondering if I could put some carboys in there to ferment and age without fear of much temperature fluctuation or excessive heat. It doesn't feel any warmer than the rest of my place, but if anyone knows more about this than me, please let me know!

Thanks to everyone!
Cheers

I use an indoor/outdoor thermometer with a fob to monitor temp in my ferment area. I think I got it at Home Depot for under $20.00. My main bottle storage is done in bookshelves that I converted to wine racks. They're just inexpensive Sauder wood working units which I beefed up with 1x4s.

IMG_1421.jpg

Wow! That looks awesome! And thanks guys, I've got a thermometer in there now.

Back