WineXpert Portuguese Douro Tinto

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdeere5220

Farmer Member
Reaction score
Just picked up this Limited Edition yesterday. Always enjoy trying something new, and I hoping this will turn our something like the Spanish Rioja which is Tempranillo which is one of the three components of this blend. I thought the Rioja after 1 year of aging was very good. One of the fun things about this hobby is learning the sources and grapes and styles!

These limited editions are also a nice way to add some variety to the wine rack, and they are generally by there nature something I haven't tried before which is also cool.

Isn't it fun!!!!

Sounds like you are enjoying yourself. For someone like yourself who wants to learn more, Youtube has lots of short videos about wine styles, types, tasting, growing grapes, making, ..etc. Check it out.

There is a company in California called Crushpad. They make large, custom batches of wine for places like restaurants, who want their own private label. They have some really good videos on different wine making styles. On google, look up "youtube crushpad".

If you are interested in how they make reserve wines, look up "youtube Sonoma County winegrape".

One of my favorites is to google "youtube one acre wine". The guy has one acre of cab vines in Napa. He takes you month by month through the seasons to show how to prune, and eventually harvest the grapes.

Let us know what you think.

When I went to the tasting for these LE's last fall the Douro Tinto ( commercial equivalent) was outstanding IMO. I have two of these kits ready to go when I have time and space. I also made the Trio do Vinho Tinto last year which was a RJS RQ from the same Douro Valley in Portugal and should be about the same - it is still bulk ageing.
I think you will be not disappointed with this choice.

Just picked this kit up today! :try
They have JUST arrived in the UK.. 2 months behind you lucky people in the US :d
Not made any Portugese wines yet, so looking forward to this one....
Great experience so far with the Ltd Edition kits from W.E

Mine has been ready to bottle for a couple weeks. Letting it age till I need the carboy. Early samples are really promising. Nicely full bodied.

Latest posts

Back