RJ Spagnols Port style pre-orders?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Earl, you can never have too many ports. How did the coffee port turn out?

Thig, you are so right!!!! I did the coffee, orange chocolate and apple ports two years ago. Those along with three other ones I made on my own are all awesome. I currently have another ten gallon batch of Chilean port aging.

It is 1 gallon of each Chilean Red Wine I purchased this Spring. I added oak powder during fermentation along with raisins. MLF was started half way through fermentation. Tanins and acid was also added before yeast was added. It has been racked twice and mlf is still finishing up due to cooler temperatures. In about three weeks I'll determine what kind of oak stick I'll add to it during aging. Typically I'll back sweeten to 9% residual sugar and fortify to 19% abv. I'l taste it dry first and then sweetened to decide what I'm going to do, but I'm months away from doing that.

Dwg, the ports are now the only wine I am making. The orange chocolate port will not disappoint. :)

Kathie

Port wines

HAY thig,it's good to see you this year I'm have the caramel port by CRU,WAITIG TO BE DONE,AND ORDERED ANOTHER COFFEE PORT,EARL,I still have your port to taste I didn't forget, this week in fact, I have some interesting ideas on the caramel with a twist....:db

HAY thig,it's good to see you this year I'm have the caramel port by CRU,WAITIG TO BE DONE,AND ORDERED ANOTHER COFFEE PORT,EARL,I still have your port to taste I didn't forget, this week in fact, I have some interesting ideas on the caramel with a twist....:db

Keep posting Joe - would love to hear your ideas on the caramel. Don't know if you've read up on the new Black Forest port, but ideas on that are welcome as well.

Joe, I just finished my basement cellar and work room ( see thread in that forum ) so I am now ready to start bottling. Yeah would love to hear your ideas about the caramel port.

Sangiovese

THIG, look for box coming to you it has a sample of my sangiovese ,remember this is an turn around Kit ,started March 7with my enhancements ,so far the comments have comeback favorable but you can read them on other people's wines, when you get it all I ask is that you allowed to breath for about 15 min. then tell me which you think................ yours JP

Last edited:
THIG, look for box coming to you it has a sample of my sangiovese ,remember this is an turn around Kit ,started March 7with my enhancements ,so far the comments have comeback favorable but you can read them on other people's wines, when you get it all I ask is that you allowed to breath for about 15 min. then tell me which you think................ yours JP

Got back to the office from lunch today and the box was sitting on my desk. Thanks, will be in touch.

Hey Joe, I would really like to hear your ideas on the Toasted Caramel Port, especially if you're going to oak it and what oak you might use. Then again I have used your ideas on several of my wines and always open to suggestions.

Bottles of that coffee port seem to be opened on a regular basis in my household.:b

eblamn9

I have tried it room temp and cold it's just a pleasing taste and the aroma the way I did it has a chocolate aroma and taste as well.as coffee..................nice package..............stay tunes I'm going to make a coffee cello next ...........................with pics,:mny

I have tried it room temp and cold it's just a pleasing taste and the aroma the way I did it has a chocolate aroma and taste as well.as coffee..................nice package..............stay tunes I'm going to make a coffee cello next ...........................with pics,:mny

I am not sure what a cello is but I am looking forward to hear about it.

Kathie, did you fortify you orange chocolate port? I was thinking Cointreau might be a good choice.

chrismas in july

Got surprise last week that I forgot to exclaim, xmas present from the Wolman, a trio of PORT DELIGHTS..STAY TOONED.:try

Kathie, did you fortify you orange chocolate port? I was thinking Cointreau might be a good choice.

I'm not Kathie, but I did with regular brandy. Someone else had suggested Cointreau last year - that sounds like it'd be good.

FWIW, we loved the Carmel Port and so has everyone who received a bottle from us. We did not do anything but follow the directions. Not confident to make changes. Although apple somehow seems like it would play good with the toasted Carmel port.

Latest posts

Back