RJ Spagnols Port style pre-orders?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thig

Reaction score
I see fine vine wines have their fall pre-order of port style wines available. The Black Forrest is new this year. Anyone know much about it?

I found this info:

Pre-order by 6/25 for $98.99 but not finding much else, like a review, etc. The toasted caramel port sounds amazing and I know the coffee port has had good reviews.

Bursting with rich aromas of red and dark cherry, this full-flavored Port style also has a hint of dark chocolate fused with plum and toasted oak on the nose. Rich and sweet on the palate with an enjoyable warm finish, this dessert in a bottle is an irresistible complement to your holiday festivities.

11.5 L (3 Gallons), no additional required for 11.5 L yield. Labels Included

OAK 0
BODY 5
SWEETNESS 5++
FOOD PAIRING: Pairs well with dessert or as an after dinner drink
SERVE AT: 65°F / 18°C
DECANT FOR: Minimum of 1 hour

Last edited:
I just ordered my first port kit, an RJS Orange Chocolate Port:h
Should be fun!

I did the Orange Chocolate last year (it's very good). I wanted to do the Toasted Caramel as well, but decided to wait. Now they have the Black Forest, and that sounds great too. Decisions, decisions...

Boatboy24 The toasted caramel port is our favorite and we did both the orange and raspberry <<< which we do like but not as well as the caramel. I have my Black Forest Port on order!

Boatboy24 The toasted caramel port is our favorite and we did both the orange and raspberry <<< which we do like but not as well as the caramel. I have my Black Forest Port on order!

I have a friend who has been bitten pretty hard by the winemaking bug recently. I may have to see if he's interested in each of us doing one and splitting them up after bottling.

Black Forest port with a caramel chaser sounds pretty good...

I made the chocolate raspberry last fall, stole some for Christmas, tasted good. Will bottle the rest this fall. The toasted caramel sound real good. Bakervinyard

Jim - assuming that I'm the friend who was 'bitten pretty hard', you already know the answer! :). -Jeff

Time is running out, placed my order for the Cru Speciality Toasted Caramel Port today from Barley&Vine. I hope it is as good as the coffee port I did the first of this year.

I did not fortify, but added some med toast Hungarian oak to secondary until taste told me enough already. I considered topping off with a vanilla brandy I like but wanted to stick closer to the instructions as it was my first port. I topped off with a sweet red wine. Mine has more of a berry flavor to me than a toasted caramel -but ohh sooo good!

Well, all of you have convinced me. Just ordered RJS Toasted Caramel Port. Getting a nice collection of ports.:h

Well, all of you have convinced me. Just ordered RJS Toasted Caramel Port. Getting a nice collection of ports.:h

Earl, you can never have too many ports. How did the coffee port turn out?

Earl, you can never have too many ports. How did the coffee port turn out?

Hi Thig, How are you? The coffee port is getting better. It's not as good as Joeswines but still quite good. I wish I would have added some oak at some point. The addition of brandy gave mine quite a bit of alcohol burn early and over powered the coffee flavor. As it ages a bit, it is smoothing out real nice and I am getting a lot more of the coffee flavor. I am really starting to like it.

Looking forward to doing the WE Chocolate Raspberry port I have on deck and the RJS toasted caramel port I have on order:b

When I added the Fpac and brandy to the coffee port I ended up with about 1/2 bottle over the 3 gallon carboy. I finally drank the 1/2 bottle last week, I am really pleased with it. Now if I can just get my basement finished so I will have time to bottle the other 3 gallons.

I also have a Mosti Mondiale La Bodega kit at home ready to start on and then of course the RJS toasted caramel on order. I have read great things about the MM La Bodega so I am excited to get started on it.

Latest posts

Back