Plum Wine From Vinters Reserve Fruit??

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnnyK68

Reaction score
Besides the 96oz. can of fruit of course, what else is needed to make this wine? I want to make a 3 gal batch of this. Can I use a 6.9 gal fermenter to make a smaller batch like this? I know the directions are on the can, I just want to make sure I have the other things needed here already. Thanks.

The 6.9 fermenter will be fine

I assume you have a 3 gal. carboy

Other than that the normal wine making stuff

I have done some V.R. fruit before and some have a lot of lees, maybe go a little strong on the primary mix and put extra in some bottles with airlocks and save for top up.

And with a lot of fruit wines they take a little longer to clear..

Yep, I had actually planned on making 3.5 or so gals and using the half gallon for topping up. I do have a couple 3 gal carboys. I have just read too many times that at 5 or 6 gals its just way too thin, but 3 gals gives a decent body and more flavor.

The 3gal. is better than the 5gal. for body...but most fruits are still lighter than a heavy grape...I back sweeten a little , I think it helps bring out the fruit flavor...but that maybe just me.

Havent tried the plum yet but want to so please keep me updated on this one, thanks.

Back