Please Help, no CO2 bubbles when De-Gassing Island Mist Peach Kit

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WinoDave

Reaction score
Today I transferred my Island Mist Peach Kit into secondary and noticed I only had 5 gallons of wine instead of 6 gallons. Apparently I forgot to add the extra jug of spring water. I decided to boil a gallon of water, cool it to 70 degrees and add it to secondary with the 5 gallons of peach wine to make it 6 total gallons. I then added the package of potassium metabislfite and potassium sorbate, stuck in my degasser wand, hit the power button and no CO2 bubbles??? My SG was 1.090 and FG was .096. Did I screw up the wine by adding the extra gallon of water to secondary??? Is this a batch I’ll have to throw away??? I’m just lost on this one. Appreciate any insight to this.

I think you are fine! No need to toss anything.

When you say FG was 0.096, you must have meant 0.996, right? Was that before or after adding the gallon of water?

Anyway, CO2 comes out when it is supersaturated. When you added the gallon of water, you reduced the amount of supersaturation, so the CO2 was less likely to form bubbles. I am a bit surprised that it did not bubble at all, however. How does it taste?

Back