Heron Bay Platinum Label SOUTH AFRICAN CHENIN BLANC • SWARTLAND WINE REGIO

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

St Allie

Tech Administrator
Reaction score
The LHBS just unpacked her latest shipment and has one limited edition kit of this type..

http://heronbaywines.com/product_info.php?products_id=118

Am interested in any comments on this wine style.. am not a big white wine drinker, but very tempted because I recently made the carmenere/cabernet kit.. and that is going to be a stunner in a years time, doubt I'll be able to keep it for 2 years.

platinum label is the 16 litre 6 week kit.

Allie

Last edited:

joeswine

joeswine
Reaction score
chenin blanc

made this kit a couple of years ago and it holds up well with time but needs to be drank young nice product i THINK MINE WAS A WE KIT,GOT 6OLBS. OF PEACHES STARTED TO MAKE MY LIQUID GOLD THIS YEAR FIRST STAG EMZYME BATH..............

Tom

Reaction score
60#'s = 6 gallon Joe?
See you this Sunday @ the Wine Club Meeting.

St Allie

Tech Administrator
Reaction score
made this kit a couple of years ago and it holds up well with time but needs to be drank young nice product i THINK MINE WAS A WE KIT,GOT 6OLBS. OF PEACHES STARTED TO MAKE MY LIQUID GOLD THIS YEAR FIRST STAG EMZYME BATH..............

Hey Joe thanks for that.. how young did you drink it?.. 6 months, a year?

it's a $169 kit..and I've got a cabernet franc here to do in the meantime, so am faffing about regarding buying the chenin blanc..

might buy a lotto ticket this week.. a win would solve a few kit purchase problems hehehe

Allie

joeswine

joeswine
Reaction score
chining blanc

Alli always drink some young,but still have a dozen bottles or so and pull one out every now and then,thats how long I know they keep and retain most of the freshness after processing. Still a good wine after 3/4 years...really.:sm