Plastic bottle carboys

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Daisy,

I do love my small carboys..they are the same work as a larger one.. however you don't always have enough fruit for 23 litres at once.

Allie

Allie - I made a bit of a compromise. I've moved from 1g to 3g. I will prolly add 3 or 4 6g at some point for things I really want a lot of like elderberry. If I do add 6's though, I'll add an electric vacuum pump at the same time.

The 3's are still light enough to move when full without getting nervous, but give 3x as many bottles as 1's for the same effort+time.

Allie - I made a bit of a compromise. I've moved from 1g to 3g. I will prolly add 3 or 4 6g at some point for things I really want a lot of like elderberry. If I do add 6's though, I'll add an electric vacuum pump at the same time.

The 3's are still light enough to move when full without getting nervous, but give 3x as many bottles as 1's for the same effort+time.

I have about 12x 3 gallon carboys and close to 16 x 4 gallon ones.

all plastic and all used for grapefruit wine. My blokes' family have fallen hard for grapefruit wine.. I can't 'not' make any more.

They have 'word of mouth' told everyone that will listen, that grapefruit wine is beyond compare.

so I am stuck

and grapefruit season is next month..

please give up skeeter pee and try grapefruit wine.. Please!

Allie

xxx

Sorry Allie, one of the pills I`m on means I`m not allowed grapefruit.

And we so liked the Niagara Mist Pink Grapefruit Blush.

Steve

I have about 12x 3 gallon carboys and close to 16 x 4 gallon ones.

all plastic and all used for grapefruit wine. My blokes' family have fallen hard for grapefruit wine.. I can't 'not' make any more.

They have 'word of mouth' told everyone that will listen, that grapefruit wine is beyond compare.

so I am stuck

and grapefruit season is next month..

please give up skeeter pee and try grapefruit wine.. Please!

Allie

xxx

I can't get my head around the idea of grapefruit wine ...

Maybe some day when the racks are overflowing with stuff I know I like.

Sorry Allie, one of the pills I`m on means I`m not allowed grapefruit.

And we so liked the Niagara Mist Pink Grapefruit Blush.

Steve

LOL Steve as I was reading through this thread Allie was making me real thirsty for it and BAMMM I remembered the same thing that you posted :po

Grapefruit and statin type drugs don't go together at all.

Just another thought about better Bottles...If you are cold stabilizing will they be more susceptible to cracking when you move them? I did break down and buy two new ones for $15. because I could only get the juice in five gallon containers. Most of my carboys are six gallon.

I have to admit, since learning about the closed circuit racking with the Better Bottles, I have started to consider getting a couple of them. Now that I am looking towards upgrading from my 1 gallon setup inventory to 5 and 6 gallon, well, the cost difference is appreciable.

Latest posts

Back