Planning my first blend from grapes

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jg - my equipment is your equipment, unless I'm using it at that moment.

Best punchdown tool I found: https://www.therestaurantstore.com/items/173570
It's in Mechanicsburg, works great and is cheap.

I think Scotzin's has a good refractometer thingy. I used my hydrometer but it was a pain at times.

Butt bucket press worked great, and unless we are pressing on the same day you might as well use mine until you find a press. I have a big butt so I get good efficency. Once you find that (the press, not the butt) I can borrow from you :h

I have chemicals to test your TA and the kit to test for completion when you do MLF. Assuming we are doing wine at the same time that works out since I usually only make one or two batches and you can easily test four to five wines per sheet. You can send samples home with my brother, I'll figure out something to give the man who has everything, no worries. Or I can come up and do the test there so you can see how easy it is, gives us a reason to sample some wine.

You should probably get the pH meter, I know you well enough that you are saving for the fancy one that also does SO2, which is good since you get what you pay for.

Cheers!

Back