Pittsburgh Pa

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kahaas56

Reaction score
Hi I into the dry/semi dry reds. I use to make wine wine 15 yrs ago the old fashion way. I'm trying my hand at wine making one more time, so I consider my level of wine making "beginner". I currently have Cabernet Sauvignon fermenting...

Thanks

Welcome to the forum, Kahaas. Cabernet Sauvignon is a great wine. Are you making it from a kit or juice? Let us know how it is going. Am I correct in assuming you live in Pittsburgh? If so, what part?

oh I forgot, taking baby steps here. For my first try I am using a kit, juice will come later.

Vintners Reserve/Winexpert Cab

welcome to the forum, i'm in Mt. Washington
if you did not buy your kit yet i would suggest stepping
up a level. i made this kit when i was starting and found
it to be a bit on the thin side
tim

Hi kahaas56,

Welcome to winemakingtalk. There is a handful of us in the area who try to get together a couple times a year, you are more than welcome to join us. Same goes for you, tiMcC.

Tim Thanks for the welcome..

what did you mean by steeping up a level and thin side?

I did already buy my kit and it is in the primary stage

i mean't doing a winexpert selection or a
cellar craft sterling'
steping up to the next level of kits
tim

I was being cautious about making wine for the first time in ages I went middle of the road so if I screwed it up I wasn't tossing a lot of money down the drain. As I gain confidence in myself I will move to the next levels..

kahaas, you're in ffemt's neighborhood. I'm east of Monroeville. Welcome to the forum.

From personal experience, don't have paralysis by overanalysis. My first batch tasted like vinegar, but I think I may have progressed a tad in the past 2+ years....

Welcome aboard,

I am an hour east of Pittsburgh. I love Cabernet Sauvignon. So I will be waiting anxiously to hear how yours turns out. Good, I hope. Are you going to add pieces of oak to it ?

Latest posts

Back