Other Pinot Grigio

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

upsidedown

Reaction score
I just purchased this kit from Costco: Argentia Ridge Chateau Private Selection Pinot Grigio White Wine Kit. Comes with 2 7litre bags (60 750ml of bottles) of concentrate corks labels instructions etc.... Has anyone had any experience with this kit if it needs some tweaking? It comes from costco.ca should arrive in 7 to 10 days (Just enough time to clear my primary with what I have in it) Any help with this kit would be great

Seems a little light on the concentrate?

Last edited:
Any updates on this? I too am curious whether 7L of juice can turn into something resembling wine!

This wine is what it is. Its a very light "cheap" kit.

Everyone here is completely different. Some will say its crap, some will say it's decent. I think its fine for the average person, but most people on a website forum dedicated to wine are probably a little more developed in the tasting department.

For my personal taste, I generally won't go under 10L kit size, I think 10L kits can make fabulous wine (especially white). But the next person to post might night buy anything under 15L/16L kits.

I say make it, enjoy it, use it for big get-togethers (when quality might not be the biggest concern) cook with it, or even to use it as top-up for your next batch (better then water).

Any updates on this? I too am curious whether 7L of juice can turn into something resembling wine!
"something resembling wine" definitely. BTW, it's concentrate not juice. Personally I prefer the larger boxes from a better known company, but many people seem to like those inexpensive Costco kits. The general feedback that I have heard is that the whites are better than the reds. I haven't made any of these Argentia Ridge kits, but I have made other small kits (7 litres and less), and they were definitely wine.

Steve

Latest posts

Back