Pinnapple

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdmyers

wine maker in progress
Reaction score
I made a batch from crushed canned pineapples and some pineapple juice it fermented well i then stabilized and after about 2 weeks i gave a taste before sweetening
Not good very bad taste and smell i added 6 cups of simple sugar to the 3 gl batch and it still taste kinda ruff so i put it back under airlock anyone have any thoughts onpinnapple

Iadde

jdmyers said:
I made a batch from crushed canned pineapples and some pineapple juice it fermented well i then stabilized and after about 2 weeks i gave a taste before sweetening
Not good very bad taste and smell i added 6 cups of simple sugar to the 3 gl batch and it still taste kinda ruff so i put it back under airlock anyone have any thoughts onpinnapple

Iadde

It is way too early to judge the taste, let it age a few months. However, if you didn't add any water, it might be too acidic. How much water was in your simple syrup?

A ratio of 1 part water 2 part sugar

I was thinking the acid also but this was really bad hopefully it will come round after a few months and some racks

jdmyers said:
A ratio of 1 part water 2 part sugar

I was thinking the acid also but this was really bad hopefully it will come round after a few months and some racks

You'll get a better idea what it tastes like once the yeast settles out, I'm guessing you'll need more sugar and water.

And give it time... Lots of time.

If this were your 2nd time making pineapple, you'd know where it was... So i'm glad to hear that you atleast tried it although it's really of no use to you right now... Give it time, and it should come along - you didnt give very specific smells or tastes so theres no way for me to judge much more beyond that (i know it can be hard to describe tastes sometimes) as to whether anythings gone wrong or not but i would imagine that alls fine because young/green wine really doesnt taste very good to most people...

Just give it time, then come back to this post and see how what you smell/taste in the future compares to the notes you've left yourself here - although they arent very specific for the resf of us, rereading your old notes will help trigger mental notes that you took during this part of the process

Latest posts

Back