Pics of My New Winery!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jwhelan939

Reaction score
After two months in my first home I have finally had a few minutes to temporarily set-up the new Jack's Juice Winery!!!

I hope you all like it. Eventually I plan on renevating, but that will take a bit.Just about everything is empty; however, it is actiously anticipating September. I made The wine rack over about a two week period. I think I did a pretty good job if I do say somyself.
smiley4.gif

Let me know what you think.

20090613_154607_IMGA0018.JPG

20090613_154742_IMGA0019.JPG

20090613_155139_IMGA0020.JPG

I really like the functional look and size of the wine rack. What are the dark dots? I couldn't figure them out.

Those dots look like dowels to me to connect the rack and hold the bottles up. At first I wondered what they were also then I noticed thin shadow lines that lined up with the dots. We are waiting for the rel explanation. Now you need to fill it with something besides empty bottles.

Looks great by the way.

Jack, do you realize there are a bunch of bottles on your rack without corks? Someone's been into your wine!
smiley4.gif

Great room! Beeautiful wine rack! You should be very proud!

Thanks all. I used 3/8" dowels with mushroom caps. believe me cutting all of those dowels, drilling all the holes, and glueing each mushroom cap in place was a long tedious job. But I must say it was fun! They are stained a darker colour for contrast. The rack holds 120 750ml bottles and 8 1.5l bottles.

Sadly I am down to 12 bottles of port, that I have been aging for the past 1.5 years. I don't plan on touching them for another 5 or so. other than that Ionly have 1.5 liters of Lambrusco and about 18 bottles of white merlot left. I have 3 gallons of Mad Dog styled Welch's grape wine fermenting and 3 gallons of spiced apple aging. I plan on doing 18 gallons of Lambrusco and 18 gallons of White merlot in September. Gotta wait for Italian grapes to come in season.

In a couple of days my super jet filter will be here. I should have waited to include that in the pictures.

Thanks all for your compliments.

Very organized and laid out nicely!! Awesome wine rack. Need some full bottles tho.
smiley36.gif
Great job there!!!

Latest posts

Back