PH meter

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkrug

Reaction score
I received a new toy for Xmas. A PH meter. Excited to use it. Is there a chart or something, that has acceptable PH ranges for different wine types? Should this be checked before, during or after fermentation? Any help or advice is appreciated.

I check mine when building the must, before adding the sugar and again after adding the sugar. I also check it after it goes dry, but, it would have to be way off for me to correct it. I usually adjust my wines to around 3.4 +/-. I only make fruit wines, so it is probably different for kits?
Semper Fi
Bud

Jkrug,
Go to morewinemaking.com and at the bottom of the page go to the manuals tab. There is some great information in the red or white wine making manuals provided by some of the experts in wine making. Page down and there is an entire manual on the use and care of a Ph Meter.

I received a new toy for Xmas. A PH meter. Excited to use it. Is there a chart or something, that has acceptable PH ranges for different wine types? Should this be checked before, during or after fermentation? Any help or advice is appreciated.

Yes.... Morewinemaking has great reference material on all your questions. But, I check it often until I believe it has stabalized to an area I am comfortable with. How often... Every week... Then every month.... Then every few months.

Latest posts

Back