pH Meter

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Strange. Yes, strange indeed. I must light the pipe and think awhile.

smiley33.gif

I will degas tonight or tomorrow I think. Life has been so hectic the past 2 weeks, I don't know if I'll get the chance to do it. I will take a sip of it and let you know what the deal is. I have it covered in an old t-shirt right now, so it's kind of "outta sight, outta mind".... Sort of. You know how i am, it's never out of mind...

So, I will give the run-down about it either tonight or tomorrow.

smiley24.gif
okay?

Nah, I have a contraption called the "Wine Whip". It works okay, but I bet the Fizz-Ex thingamabobbie works better. My wine whip broke off the electric drill into a carboy once, so I haven't used it for a while, until today, when I whipped my marigold wine into shape.

I must ask..how can one tell when his wine is "gassy" and in the process of degassing how can one tell his efforts are working

Well, if the wine heats up a little (the ambient temp is a little higher), sometimes you see the CO2 in suspension as little bubbles floating to the top. I just degas because I'm afraid of popped corks.

smiley18.gif
- Don't ask me about how I know that.
smiley36.gif

Fill a small bottle halfway with the wine and put your thumb over the top and shake. Release your thumb. You can hear the gas and most of the time you will see it. You need a Fizz-X tool on the end of a cordless drill. I use a corded one, but George will scold me if I recommend that. He is a stickler for 'safety first'.

smiley36.gif

Latest posts

Back