Petite Sirah

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Enologo, undergoing MLF here as well. Not showing any signs what so ever of activity, but I trust all the info here that it is normal. At 8 days this tasted better than many commercial wines, petite sirah might be my new favorite as well.

heatherd, I ordered the Accuvin Malic test kit.

Year out update on this batch of juice bucket + fresh grape petite sirah.

Opened a bottle at six months back in march, not expecting much, hoping to get a hint of a good wine to come. But was floored when I found it completely undrinkable from overwhelming burnt rubber taste. Aerating and the penny trick would temper it a bit but couldn't get past a few sips. Opened two more bottles hoping it was isolated but not so. Chalked this up to something I did wrong early on. Read info here and there about petite sirah and burnt rubber but this batch was too much. Had high hopes for this wine.

Last week decided to open a bottle and see if it had gotten worse and if so figure out what I was going to do with 25 + bottles of burnt rubber wine. But somehow the wine gods or time have turned this wine into something promising. The burnt rubber aspect is still there but it has actually become more of a background aspect and complimentary. I cannot believe how much this has turned around.

Now the hard part don't touch any for another 6 months, year or maybe 5 years+.

Latest posts

Back