Perseid Meteor Shower

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, we had a pretty good time. Five kids two adults and a glass of dry pear wine. In a little over ah hour we saw between 35-40 meteoroids. Eight or ten drew the old favorite chorus of OOOHs nd AAAAhs. The best line of the night came from the oldest boy who is about 15. " Boy I wish I would have worn my glasses" Duuuh.
Brad

Well, we had a pretty good time. Five kids two adults and a glass of dry pear wine. In a little over ah hour we saw between 35-40 meteoroids. Eight or ten drew the old favorite chorus of OOOHs nd AAAAhs. The best line of the night came from the oldest boy who is about 15. " Boy I wish I would have worn my glasses" Duuuh.
Brad

What time was it when you saw the most?

We went in at about 11:45. And the activity was picking up the whole time. It was just too damn hot to sit out there any longer.
2:30-3:00 AM should be prime. I thought of setting an alarm tonight. Nah ain't gonna happen. Ive seen these before.

If anyone has a DROID or Iphone or Ipod, download Goggle Sky. It is an awesome program that identifies planets and constellations. Jupiter was very visible last night if you knew what to look for. As you point your phone to the sky and move it around it identifies what your looking at. Even shows where the horizon is to make locating things easier.

I went out the night of the 13 and we were way to hazey here in Florida. This time of the year with the heat it is unbelievable how you can look off at distant trees and it looks like a light layer of smoke covering them.
Between the mosquitos and the haze I didn't stay long. I had to watch the sky big eyed to get the big picture and saw one or two, but nothing spectacular.
Did see one of our spy sattelites go over from North to South though.
And no, I wasn't drinking, but for a split second I caught the glimpse of some "bigger than a star" light that moved in a very unusual semi circle. Lasted only a second or two before it disappeared.
Probably E.T.

Back