Pears

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fivebk

Reaction score
My wife and I stopped by my middle daughters place tues. Their neighbors yard had a nice big pear tree in it. I asked what they were going to do with all those pears and they said not a thing and help yourself. So we picked some pears and by thurs evening we had them all cleaned, cored , sliced and frozen. I did'nt think we picked alot , but when everything was said and done we ended up with 130 lbs of fruit. Sorry no pics by the time I got done I was tired and it was time to open a bottle of wine. ( I DO HAVE PRIORITIES )
smiley2.gif

BOB

Bob,
Nice score!
You plan on steam juicing them?
I am aging my pear wine as we speak.

I haven't yet bought a steam juicer but if I can sneak the order past my wife I may have one pretty soon
smiley36.gif

BOB

fivebk said:
I haven't yet bought a steam juicer but if I can sneak the order past my wife I may have one pretty soon
smiley36.gif

BOB
Tell SWMBO that its also a pot for steaming vegies

Explain that it eliminates all of the work of freezing the fruits for long term storage! Saves freezer space! Creates wholesome juices for the family! Wine making is neater! Less mess with pulp! It will make the juice for almost any fruit wine that she wants.

Thats sweet Bob!!!

I just started a small batch of pear wine. It smells incredible so far.

Keep us posted on what you do with them.

I started a 3 gallon batch of pear wine a few weeks ago. A friend had some trees and there were tons of them for the taking. I have a cider press so we just pressed out the juice and used it that way. So far it smells and tastes great. I think I'll back sweeten it just a little bit but even dry, it tastes pretty darn good. I've never heard of a steam juicer. How does that work? I'll have to Google it and find out. Good luck with your batch!

I would suggest you do a search on this site (rather then google). You will find better info about what they are and how they work.

Very cool. I think I see one of these contraptions in my near future. Oh the possibilities..... Thanks for the info!

Latest posts

Back