Peach Wine recipe with fresh peaches

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was thinking about this discussion again and wondering if anyone knows how much the skins add to color. All of the frozen and canned peaches I have come across had the skins removed. Could this be why the wine made from them lacks the peachy color?

I removed the skins and pits and as the photo shows on the other page it looks like cider.

If you add bentonite to the primary then you won't need pectic enzyme as bentonite strips out and counter acts the pectic enzyme. If I plan to use pectic enzyme to help with the juice I add it to the primary for the first 5 days then rack to the secondary and add the bentonite, but in most cases I just use bentonite in the primary.

That fresh peach looks like it should be beautiful and tasty, when finnished.
Compared to mine, I should give up...Yours looks much better.

I started a new thread with our recipe.

When we were kids both our mothers canned Red Haven peaches and we both have fond memories of those canned peaches. Later we grew Red Haven peaches and froze them for our 2 daughters and they both still remember how good they were.

Back