Peach puree recepies

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodTurner

Reaction score
Howdy all, got three cans of Peach puree to play with tomorrow, any suggestions on how much sugar to start with and what chemicals I should
smiley29.gif
use in the process.... Thanks a bunch

Sorry Guys,the above post by Woodturner is actually by me, afireguy,
Woodturner is a much more experiencedwine maker than myself, but we work at the same work place and he forgot to log out. Thanks I just did'nt
want him to take the rap for a beginner question.

You will definitely need pectic enzyme. Sugars always have to be adjusted to each fruit to get the desired SG that you are shooting for. I would go with some nutrient to the tune of 1 tsp per gallon but I dont think youll need any energizer with peach. Not sure if youll need acid blend but my guess would be yes. May be a little tannin to the tune of 1/4 tsp per gallon.

Thanks Wade,
I was talking to a friend about the peach and hes thinking around 12lbs of sugar with the peach. I have tannin, peptic enzymesodium s., the little camp tablets and yeast and I guess yeast energier and the packs of ....super clear (i think). But im not familar with the nutrient.
But for tomorrow just mix the puree, sugar, and yeast?
and do I need nutrient?

Energizer and nutrient are almost exactly the same with a few extras in the energizer so if you have that just go with that at the ratio of 1/2 tsp per gallon or what ever it says on the package. Make sure to use your hydrometer when adding sugr and not just go by a recipe as the sugar contents of each fruit, even in the same species can vary a lot. Take a look at a store bought fruit compared to most fruit stand fruits. Youll usually find that the stand fruits are much sweeter as there are typically more sugars in them and that a store bought fruit is much blander. What yeasts do you have in your inventory?

Im not sure just something George got out when I said I would be making peach wine, looked generic I think, maybe said wine yeast.

You really need to find out from George what yeast it is so you will know where your starting SG needs to be for the wine to finish where you want it.

It was Champage yeast,I added 13.5 lbs of sugar, yeast engizer, petic,
and tannin and 3 cans of puree, 1 2/3 pks of champage yeast to the fermenter today. It came up to about the 6.5 galarea with a sg of 1.090.
I then put the lid on it with out the oneway valve so it could breath a little throug the bung hole. Then Istarted wondering if I should of put all the chemicals in at this stage.... opps hopeI didnt ruin it....so far at 72 degrees and a yeast prestartits doing nothing 4 hours later......any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Did you add the campden tabs at the same time as after adding sulfite(campden tabs) you need to give it at least 24 hours or the yeast might be killed. Did you adjust acid to taste or to a scale. You could wait 48 hours to see if the yeast starts but I would think about getting more yeast just in case the sulfite kills the yeast. I would also think about uing Red Star Montrachet for fruit wines that will be 13%abv or lower as it extracts a better color and flavor with country wines. A lalvin yeast strain equivalent would be RC 212

Hi Wade,
I used 1/2 tsp per gal of tannin, peptic andI believe also the energizer.,
plus the pack of champange yeast and 2/3 of another pack out of the fridge (pretty new form making Rootbeer).a hair over 13 lbs ofsugar
and the peach Pureemaking a little over 6 and a half gallons, the level is about 1 1/2 inches from the top of the bucket. I pre started the yeast at 102 degrees and poured it on top of the fluid, im guessing the fluid at that time was like 80 degreesor less. The Sg was 1.090.
I'm not surewhat the acid blend does but chose to stay away from it since my stomach is not that found of acids.... but am very open to suggestions.... I did not use any campden tabs or sulfates, BecuaseI assumed the Puree was sterile....I hope this was correct....anywaythanks for your time.
smiley4.gif

Sounds you should see fermentation in a little while then. Just leep the must a nice temp and you are in like Flynn!

That sounds great, any input to the acid....does it make that much difference in taste....cuz i would like a good final product....but like i said I've not really heard what the acid does. thanks again

It will give it balance. In other words, take it from bland to wow. It adds tartness that most fruit wines need. Are there any instructions on the can as far as adding acid blend? I found a recipe using this peach puree and it says to add 1/2 tsp per gallon of acid blend.

Thanks Wade You talked me into it, always a big fan of Wow,
I'll go see George Tomorrow.
I'm assuming you add this inafter the racking?
p.s. the fermentation smells like a bread factory but no bubbles yet shouldI get some more yeast or just hang loose awhile. also is letting the air in the fermenter at this time the right thing to do?.....thanks alot for all your time.

You can basically add acid blend at any time. Fermentation can vary alot between 1 batch of fruit to another and between different strains of yeast. Some will just sizzle while others will bubble up and almost overflow the bucket(primary). Yours will probably not bubble like that as usually only red wines do this. Yours will most likely just sound like a seltzer(soda water). Leaving it to get air is good as long as you have a cloth or something obstructing your must from bugs being able to get in there. I use a lid and airlock and have never had a problem.

Please Appleman,
Im trying to keep a low-profile image thing going here.....hehe...
smiley36.gif

But heres a little question I was pondering, If I made my peach wine
to sweet, after fermentationand racking, can I add some of the super 18% yeast
back to it todry it out and boost the abv?

Latest posts

Back