peach harvest (future wine)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You do not add water rather when you put the frozen fruit in the pot you will get water from the fruit. Its this you want to reduce leaving a concentrated "flavor" and of course pulp. Take that and push thru a kitchen strainer and add to the wine. Make sure you have enough room in your carboy. You may have to remove some and put in a 1.5 ltr bottle.

so i measured the SG today and it hit bottom, which is below .990

what do i do now?

have never seen a SG that low

Rack it and stabilize with k-meta and k-sorb. You can backsweeten it when you are ready. Just do it before the wine clears or you might have to wait longer for it to clear again........

It's now DONE.

Rack it. Let it sit a few days then add finning agents. I bet where the wine was it was 75*f or higher. High temps make wine ferment faster.

gaudet said:
Rack it and stabilize with k-meta and k-sorb. You can backsweeten it when you are ready. Just do it before the wine clears or you might have to wait longer for it to clear again........
Before clearing and AFTER you add k-meta and Sorbate you should add a Peach f-pac

tepe. do you use any pectic enzyme when making the f pack with peaches to prevent adding a pectin haze to the wine?

Most of the time no. Guess I been lucky as not had a problem that super kleer couldnt take care of.

so i stabilized and added fpack.....but i think its still fermenting...the water int he airlock is moving.

i added another 1/2 tsp of meta and there is sediment on the bottom

havent added any clearing agents yet.

what should i do?

What was the gravity when you added k-meta? Did you add Sorbate? Whats the gravity now

Sounds like the wine was NOT finished (dry).

If it was dry and you added the k-meta powder sometimes you may get some actvity. It could also be gas did you DEGAS before adding the k-meta.. sorbate?
1/4 tsp is all you should have added. DO NOT add more.

Latest posts

Back