Papaya , banana and tangerine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Salvino

Reaction score
I live in Florida and these are some of the fruits from my trees , well I took these fruits and made a puree of about 2 1/2 gallons and froze it . My question is this ok to do or am I way off the mark.

Looks like it ought to work fine. Bet you wind up with a ton of lees, tho. Never tried anything like that, but keep us informed how things go and how it turns out. Arne.

Looks like it ought to work fine. Bet you wind up with a ton of lees, tho. Never tried anything like that, but keep us informed how things go and how it turns out. Arne.

I will Arne, You can tell how new I am at this because the first fruit I mentioned is in no recipe that I can find.

Salvino said:
I will Arne, You can tell how new I am at this because the first fruit I mentioned is in no recipe that I can find.

My freind has made papaya wine. He said it was wonderfull!!! I love the fresh fruit, but it has a delicate flavore. Be carfull the tangerine does not cover it up. Bananas can be strong as well. A few are not noticable, but lots of ripe ones can be strong. Good luck!

My freind has made papaya wine. He said it was wonderfull!!! I love the fresh fruit, but it has a delicate flavore. Be carfull the tangerine does not cover it up. Bananas can be strong as well. A few are not noticable, but lots of ripe ones can be strong. Good luck!

Thanks jensmith , at this time I juiced 5 medium / medium large papayas , 8 dwarf bananas and 2 tangerines , the puree taste really good.

I froze it and waiting to add some more papaya in the next few weeks.

Latest posts

Back