Other Paklab Barolo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gird123

Reaction score
I bought the amazon kit for $40. I'm looking for any advice other than buy a different kit. I'm not a very picking wine drinker, so I will make it, try a few tweaks, and if I don't like it I will buy a more pricey kit.

Thank you,

Nate

I am doing the PAklab Barolo currently as well. I have a couple Paklab kits running now that I applied tweaks to in hopes of having a drinkable product. First thing I do is only add water to the five gallon, five and a half gallon mark(check the SG). Six gallons is far too weak a product.
I have tried a few tweak combination's but it is too early to know the results. Raisin's, Currants, Banana soup, 1 tsp tannin, oak. On my current batch of Montepulciano I adjusted the acid levels. I also have stopped adding Sorbate because I will not sweeten these wines.
My first Paklabs I followed the instructions to the letter. The early tasting are full of the Jolly Rancher "kit taste". I am hoping with a year or two it will pass. My goal is to have a drinkable table wine for $1.50 a bottle.
Feel free to write me to compare paklab notes. Good luck with your Barolo.

I'm hoping for the same thing. I have a cc Barbara with skins aging now, and apple wine. I'm looking for a little variety at an inexpensive price.

Bottled two paklab barolos. both were made to 5.5 gallons. One i added 2 bananas boiled per gallon. Pretty good. Not amazing. Later in the evening my dad brought out a 2007 barbera from Amador county that made the barolos taste like crap. Oh well when compared to the 4 to 6 dollar wine i have been drinking the barolo has a lot of potential.

I will try one a month for a while to see how they turn out.

Latest posts

Back