WineXpert Pacific Quartet 2010 LE

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darryl

Reaction score
Hi Gang!!!! I also started this kit on 3-26-10
20100401_163747_002.JPG

The strating S.G. 1.82 72f...
20100401_163938_007.JPG

This kit is off-dry... it has the susse-reserve bag to be added later... My wife likes them a little sweet. Will rack this one tonight and I will post photos.

Darryl I made this kit the first time around and we still have some left and I'll make this years kit later this year.
I really had to talk hubby into this one the first time because he does not like sweet wines. It's not sweet, it is a nicely off dry, refreshing drink, that when he saw it was available he demanded we get another kit.
For those that did order this one - you are in for a real treat.

vcasey said:
Darryl I made this kit the first time around and we still have some left and I'll make this years kit later this year.
I really had to talk hubby into this one the first time because he does not like sweet wines. It's not sweet, it is a nicely off dry, refreshing drink, that when he saw it was available he demanded we get another kit.
For those that did order this one - you are in for a real treat.

I think it will be great when the west TX heat gets up to 100!!!!

Darryl said:

I'm in Florida, and at a muggy 95 with a feels like 100+ it is really nice! I do think you both will wonder why you didn't get a 2nd kit!

vcasey said:
Darryl said:

I'm in Florida, and at a muggy 95 with a feels like 100+ it is really nice! I do think you both will wonder why you didn't get a 2nd kit!
That is what my wife said!!!!!!!!!

I'm glad to hear this one is so good! I ordered two of these on the word of others, so I'm excited to try it.

For those that made this one the first time it was issued, how much aging do you feel like it took before it was drinkable and/or drinking best?

I would just consider getting a really long straw and just put it in the carboy - no bottling necessary. This was excellent with no aging and has only improved.

So what are the thoughts re: battonage process with the PQ ?

Mine is bubbling along in secondary and will need to decide soon, most seem to be following kit instructions and liking it, any other thoughts ???

lindseyd said:
So what are the thoughts re: battonage process with the PQ ?

Mine is bubbling along in secondary and will need to decide soon, most seem to be following kit instructions and liking it, any other thoughts ???

I wouldn't, but I really love this as is and it only get lots better. Really you just need a long straw! Also I don't think the style fits a buttery style wine.

I am making this kit now too. I just racked it to the second carboy for more

clearing. It is not that clear at the moment. I still have 3 more weeks for clearing according to the directions. However, one WE white I previously made was clearer at this point as I remember. Directions followed to the letter. I wonder if it will clear?

Latest posts

Back