PA Grape Juices

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ffemt128

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I decided to stick with PA juices this fall so I'm heading to Presque Isle Winery this weekend to pick up some juices. I'm going to get the following this weekend;

Niagra - 6 or 12 Gallons
Fredonia - 6 Gallons
Concord - 12 Gallons

I'm up in the air on the Niagra. The stuff I made last year is really tasting good and I'm running low on remaining bottles.

We'll be making a trip up in October as well to pick up Catawba and Chambourcin.

I did a concord niagara blend last year. Turned out great. Also did a Chambourcin equally wonderful.

Heading to Walkers to get a few juices, meet Sarah and have lunch. Planning on a few buckets from Premiere Produce as well.

Found out tonight where we are staying is about 3 blocks from Mazza. They have a few juices that presque isle doesn't sell. May pick up a Foch from them and maybe one other.

We are headed to Walkers either the 22nd or the 29th, not sure and then will be headed back up sometime in January for extra's. We will probably head up to Presque Ise sometime in October, when the catawba comes out.

Doug, I noticed that Walker's has Brianna listed in the wine list but not on there price list. It would be nice if they were selling it but not sure if they are. I was thinking of calling and asking, would you be interested in some?

PA juices would probably be a good call this year. With the sun we had all Summer long they should be high in sugar. Does anyone have any sample brix levels?

Last edited:
Walkers just posted their prices. A number of juices are already sold out. Doug I'll see you on Sunday! I suggest if you see something you like buy it as soon as it's available.

Julie, thank you for the pirce list. Wow, when we were in New York, we lived right across the street from a winery (Casa Larga Vineyards) and they made a great Vidal Blanc. That would be quite a road trip for me (MapQuest tells me it would be just under 5 hours) but I sure would like to surprise my wife and daughter with Vidal Blanc.

Julie, thank you for the pirce list. Wow, when we were in New York, we lived right across the street from a winery (Casa Larga Vineyards) and they made a great Vidal Blanc. That would be quite a road trip for me (MapQuest tells me it would be just under 5 hours) but I sure would like to surprise my wife and daughter with Vidal Blanc.
Rocky Vidal is also grown in Ohio. Its still a ride for you but not quite as bad if you looked at the Wineries that sell juice up along Lake Erie. There is one in Geneva Ohio that sells juice for sure.

We are headed to Walkers either the 22nd or the 29th, not sure and then will be headed back up sometime in January for extra's. We will probably head up to Presque Ise sometime in October, when the catawba comes out.

Doug, I noticed that Walker's has Brianna listed in the wine list but not on there price list. It would be nice if they were selling it but not sure if they are. I was thinking of calling and asking, would you be interested in some?

If you're heading up there and they have the juice, yes I would be interested. It was listed on their old prices. Let me know if you are going up.

Walkers just posted their prices. A number of juices are already sold out. Doug I'll see you on Sunday! I suggest if you see something you like buy it as soon as it's available.

I take it you will be working on Sunday? We'll be stopping on the way home. I have 7 buckets cleaned and soaking in a heavy kmeta solution.

Dan, I'm going to be crusing through on Wednesday afternoon and want to stop in for some Concord, Niagara and Fredonia if available. Would you know how much the containers are if you want to purchase them there? I'm looking at either 5 or 6 gallon containers.

Dan, I'm going to be crusing through on Wednesday afternoon and want to stop in for some Concord, Niagara and Fredonia if available. Would you know how much the containers are if you want to purchase them there? I'm looking at either 5 or 6 gallon containers.

Walker's don't open for the season until the 20th which is Thursday. Check their web site under pail prices. The wine will come hot packed in 5 gallon cotainers.

Dan, are you working Wednesday afternoon? I'm looking to pick your brain on finishing those juices and any blending that you could recommend.

Juice is selling out quick between here and the Finger Lakes if people did not preorder.
We have Niagara and Concord today but not Fredonia if not preordered. We will have it available again though.

It would be best to email or pm me your questions. Yes I will be working and might have time to talk but no guarantee.. If we're in the middle of a press and I'm helping, I will not be able to stop. I'll do my best to help out. Doug stopped in today as he and his family were vacationing up here visiting PA/NY wineries. I was in the middle of sugar adds and a fermentation culture but it was good to see them.

didn't pre-order, but I will take my chances and see if anything's available Wednesday. It figures that I'm always a day off at Walker's...

After a wonderful weekend visit to North East, PA I ended up coming home with 12 gallons of Concord that looks and smells even better than last year, 12 gallons of Niagra, and 6 gallons of Seyval Blanc. I wasn't intending on getting the Seyval but did as an after thought. I need to pre-order 12 gallons of Fredonia, 12 gallons of Catawba and 6 gallons of Chambourcin.

We stayed right on Lake Erie about 10 minute from Presque Isle Winery. Here is the link to where we stayed. http://www.vrbo.com/408047 It is located right on Lake Erie.

We ventured up to New York on Saturday and hit 4-5 vinyards. By far the best was 21 Brix, Thanks Dan for recommending it.

It was a wonderful trip, with beautiful scenerey. I've decide that when I retire that may be the direction I head.

Just called and pre-ordered 12 gallons of Fredonia for pick up the last saturday of September. Will be making one more trio after that for Catawba and Chambourcin.

The yeast was pitched on Monday afternoon along with DAP. Fermentation is well underway as of last night when I checked and gave the juice a stir. Such a wonderful smell.

Gave everything a good stir this morning, it's got a full active fermentation going. The concord is changing from the dark purple to more of a redish color at this point. Temps in the cellar are at 60 degrees 4' high, probably less than that on the floor. It will be a nice slow ferment.

Did I mention it's such a wonderful smell that permeates the house when there is wine fermenting.

Latest posts

Back