RJ Spagnols Orchard Breezin

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jackie

Reaction score
I was wondering about the Orchard Breezin Acai Raspberry Cab Sauv kit--does it taste like Raspberry? How "fake" is the flavoring--I've tastd some raspberry flavoring before that really didn't taste much like real raspberry. I have a friend that loved the Blackberry Merlot and also loves raspberries so I thought I might make some as a bday gift.

Anothe question--how's the Strawberry Riesling. I was thinking of that one for myself. Similar question--can you taste strawberry? I like the Green Apple Gewurtraminer.

I made the Raspberry and everyone loved it. I also made the strawberry and I did not like that. That is until I mixed it with some of my rhubarb. It tasted too much like a liquid jolly rancher.

We really enjoyed the Orchard Breezin' Raspberry White Zinfandel when we made it about 3 years ago. One I would make again, if my wife and I weren't diabetic.

Steve

cpfan said:
We really enjoyed the Orchard Breezin' Raspberry White Zinfandel when we made it about 3 years ago. One I would make again, if my wife and I weren't diabetic.

Steve

Can you ferment itto totally dry, bottle and then sweeten with Splenda as you open each bottle

Waldo said:
cpfan said:

Steve

Can you ferment itto totally dry, bottle and then sweeten with Splenda as you open each bottle
I've thought about tryng this.I may try something this winter in a one gallon size to see how the Splenda works out.

Steve

runningwolf said:
I also made the strawberry and I did not like that. That is until I mixed it with some of my rhubarb. It tasted too much like a liquid jolly rancher.

Thanks. This is what I was afraid of. I've tasted some flavorings that just tasted like Life Saver candy.

Dan, Just curious. Did you make the raspberry as is or add part of the fpack up front like some folks do? I've added sugar before and didn't really like the result in these types of wine. I don't really want to add more alcohol anyway. I made the blackberry merlot as is and everyone raves about it (I like it better as jelly myself).

Steve,
Just wanted to say thanks for posting that wine jelly recipe awhile back on the blackberry merlot. I made some and we all love it. Best jelly I ever made and easiest too. I was thinking if I do the raspberry, I might keep a bottle or two and try it as jelly.

Latest posts

Back