RJ Spagnols Orchard Breezin' - Adjustment

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bkwaggie

Junior
Reaction score
Hello all, I have the Sangria with Seville Orange and the Kiwi Melon Pinot Grigio. The question is on the sweetness level. I prefer most of my wines dry but wanted to do these as more of asummer drink, lighter on the sweet and up the alcohol a bit. Reading previous post, some suggest half f-pack up front and some suggest sugar.
If I do half the f-pack up front do you loose the fruit flavor....or is it better to use sugar and then f-pack to taste.

I add half the f-pack and 3.5 pounds of sugar at first. At the end you add the rest of the f-pack per the instruction. No flavor loss. This year I won two Silver metals at the Winemakers Mag. Comp. doing this. But that was just beginners luck.
smiley4.gif

Thanks Scott

Nice job, which one did you do and have you tried it with the Sangria?

Did this bring the sweetness closer to a 3-4 verses the 7, this is really what I would like to shoot for.

Thanks,
I have not done the Sangria.
I did the RJS Acai Raspberry Cab. and a WE Black Rasp. Merlot.
It ended up with a simi dry wine. A little sweeter than a Beringer White Zin. but with Lots of Flavor. The Rasp. in the cab was a little strong and the Merlot was Just Right.

Another fun thing to do with these smaller kit is to buy a "Bigger" kit with a grape pack or oak and reuse the grapes or oak in the smaller kit after the big kit is done. Not sure if it does any good but I hate to just throw it out. I am a GREEN WINE MAKER
smiley4.gif
Wait that does not sound good!
smiley36.gif

Back