Mosti Mondiale Old Vines Merlot

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WineNewbie

Reaction score
Anyone made this Renaissance kit yet? I ordered it a couple days ago. Lots of Merlot drinkers in my family, so I needed to get another batch going.

I've been mostly a Winexpert kit maker until recently. I'm liking the prices on the Mosti kits, and it seems like lots of people on the forum are becoming Mosti fans.

Just looking for some feedback if anyone has started this one. I wasconsidering the Renaissance Amarone, but honestly, I've never had an Amarone, and decided I should try a bottle before I make 30! so the Merlot it is....for now.

We just bottled this kit and it is wonderful.
smiley20.gif

My wife and I drank a bottle last night that was a grand total of 4-1/2 months old. It was a tad green, but we had no trouble "forcing" it down. I can't imagine what it will taste like in a year.

We also bottled the Renaissance Rio Grande, Old Vine Cab and the Amarone. They were the big hit at the bottling party. The more Renaissances and Vinifera Nobles I make, the more impressed I am with the MM line of products.

Thanks George! I like the fact that you personally make a lot of the wines you sell. It's great to get feedback straight from the horses mouth.

Looking forward to this one. Also have a Vinifera Noble Sauvignon Blanc going, which is my 1st MM kit. The Old Vines Merlot will be my 2nd.

Let me know what you think about the Sauv. Blanc. We have been extremely impressed with these 10 liter kits.

Wow...Got the Renaissance Old Vines Merlot going and what an active fermentation. This was 20 hours after pitching the yeast. I've had to clean the airlock out three times in the last 12 hours. I hope I don't come home from work to a mess today. So far it has only filled the airlock, but has not bubbled out. I'm loving this one already!

20080415_045954_Picture_001.jpg
Edited by: WineNewbie

Too late...I am already at work for the day, so hopefully it won't make a mess. And I have to agree, it sure does look good!
BTW, I just bottled my 1st batch of sparkling (you can see a bottle or two peaking in the corner of the picture above. Couple months until riddling and degorging, which should be an adventure. I'll have to start another thread on that one!

Another awesome fermentation going, theres nothing like the look of a red fermenting or a nice clear white wine. Both make you proud to be a wine maker!

Racked the Old Vine Merlot last night (sorry no pictures
smiley18.gif
) and somehow that clamp on the hose closed up and the end of the sipon hose fell into my wine glass. Darn! I had to drink it...what a shame.

OK, so I stopped the flow, removed the tube from the carboy and placed the end into my glass
smiley9.gif
Guilty!

I have to say this wine is exceptional already. It's less than 2 months old and it already tastes good and has lots of potential. Good body, tannins (that still need to soften a bit) and a wonderful oak flavor. Think this might be my favorite so far, although I also sampled the WE Lodi Ranch Cab (had to open one to top off the merlot), which is 6 months old, and it was also quite good. It has smoothed out considerably since I bottled it. The rest will sit until atleast a year.

Also bottled my Vinifera Noble Sauv Blanc. I am impressed with the quality of this one as well. Great wines all around. Except the Welches concord, which was also racked last night. I haven't master a good recipe on that one yet, but it's cheap enough to keep trying, and drinkable.

Latest posts

Back