Old Vine Zins

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RickC said:
We love a good zin. Earthquake and Titus Zins (same company) are our favorites. If I ever duplicate these I will be a happy little winemaker. I look forward to my first trip to California to tour some of these.

Bogle makes a good Zin. My favorite is Terra d'Oro from Amador county, CA.

http://www.terradorowinery.com/amador-zinfandel.php

I hope you can make it out to CA wine country someday. It is a great experience for wine lovers.

Wendy will only eat Filet Mignon and I have to still remove any traces of fat. Typically I get NY Strip. But will eat any red meat that looks good in the meat locker at the grocery or the meat market.

Brent, Give a boneless rib steak a try. This cut has been proven time after time as the tastiest cut of beef in blind tastings. You will have to do some additional trimming but I think you will be very pleased.

Rick, what an awesome comparison. Thank you for the in depth report on both of these great wines. I may now have to make both. lol
I love hard wine purchasing decisions. haha

uavwmn said:
Rick, what an awesome comparison. Thank you for the in depth report on both of these great wines. I may now have to make both. lol
I love hard wine purchasing decisions. haha

We all do because there are no "wrong" decisions and buying both is always a great decision!
smiley2.gif

Rocky, Will look for boneless rib.

Here is recipe:
Jalapeno-Pineapple Salsa with Pork Loin
Makes enough for 4.

1 pork loin
1 Pineapple peeled and sliced into rings (1/2" thick)
1/4 cup Red onion
2 tbsp Lime Juice
2-4 Jalapeno Peppers (depends on your heat tolerance, we tend toward 4-5. Remove seeds and ribs for lower heat.)
2 tbsp Minced Red Bell Pepper
1 tbsp Cilantro
Olive Oil
Salt

Brush pineapple with olive oil and grill 2-3 mins each side, until softened and grill marked.
Allow pineapple to cool to room temperature.

Dice pineapple and put into food processor. Run for coarse chop on pineaple.
Add 2 tbsp lime juice
add 2 tbsp olive oil
add red onion
add pinch salt
add jalapenos
add red pepper
add cilantro

Run food processor until it has consistancy of stiff apple sauce.

Grill pork loin, slice and add a heaping spoonful of Salsa to each slice.
Should get sweet from pineapple then bite of jalapino.

My mouth is watering right now!!! Having this for dinner tonight!!!

Brent, just to confirm, you are using a pork loin and not a pork tenderloin, right? This recipe sounds outstanding and I can't wait to try it. And wow, 4-5 Jalapenos without removing the ribs and seeds! Are you trying to burn down Atlanta again!?

I'm with you Mike. I like to use the tenderloin myself. I trim and silver it and then cut it into about 3/4-1" thick slices. I then take the slices and pound them down with a meat tenderizer to about 3/8" thick. With these cuts, I can flash fry them for about 45 seconds oneach side in a hot pan, grill them on top of the range or saute them in garlic and butter. From there, they are ready for inclusion in a number of dishes. They are tender enough to cut with a nasty look!

Latest posts

Back