Old Muscadine in Secondary

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mxsteve625

Reaction score
I have an old Noble Grape Muscadine that has been in the secondary since about September of last year. K-Meta was added up until Decmber 2010, It should have been botlled around the end of Decmebr 2010. How do I determine if this can be bottled or should it be discarded? 8 - 9 Months without K-Meta.Clarity is good. Doesn't look as if critters are in there.

I would taste it. If it tastes good, check the sulphite level, adjust if necessary, and bottle it. IMO

Put some wine to the glass. Keep the glass in the warm room for a day or 2. You can add few crystals of sugar. If the wine is clear after a day you can bottle it. If it changed it means fermentation started from left over yeast. Then you need to stabilize again and then bottle it.

As Flem said, taste if and test the so2 levels. Actually if it taste fine, it's good.

Noble is a very good Muscadine wine, enjoy it.

Thanks Julie,

This is actually the second five gallon from the same ten gallon primary.

The first five gallons bottled is gone.:ts

Lol as u see that is not a wine that will stay on the shelf for long. I ration have to ration mine

I have an old Noble Grape Muscadine that has been in the secondary since about September of last year. K-Meta was added up until Decmber 2010, It should have been botlled around the end of Decmebr 2010. How do I determine if this can be bottled or should it be discarded? 8 - 9 Months without K-Meta.Clarity is good. Doesn't look as if critters are in there.

LOL none of my wines have ever had k-meta added at anytime

Latest posts

Back