Old bottle

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calledin2tn

Junior
Reaction score
New to site, greetings! Got a gal (glass) jug of grape wine bottled in 1987. Can I take the cap off and try it, and do I have to ref. it and /or I just re-cap it and stor. it back for how long?

Last edited:
The chance that a jug of wine bottled in 1987 still being good is pretty slim. Good Luck though!

Whats too old of wine taste like?? And is it bad to drank. My Friend has been drinking it ??? I dont know???? Im texting him and catching hell now.. LOL

Last edited:
Sorry, I been poking on these keys all day. Just don't know if it should be thrown out? I guess I'll hang on to it. :slp

Too old wine will either have a strong raisin taste or vinegar taste (because it probably has turned into vinegar by now). If it is a red, it will likely have a brownish (called "brickish") color.

Too old wine will either have a strong raisin taste or vinegar taste (because it probably has turned into vinegar by now). If it is a red, it will likely have a brownish (called "brickish") color.

That is exactly what this taste and looks like. ........ :gb

Down the drain! Gonna save the bottle. Thanks!

Back