OK, So I am trying this for the first time.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My first Pee.

Question. I noticed that many use "pressure" type seals when bottling this (crown caps or ceramic clamp caps). Is there a reason for this? Does the Pee become carbonated as a result of the back sweetening? If sorbate and k-meta are added, shouldn't the pee remain still?

johnT.

My first Pee.

Question. I noticed that many use "pressure" type seals when bottling this (crown caps or ceramic clamp caps). Is there a reason for this? Does the Pee become carbonated as a result of the back sweetening? If sorbate and k-meta are added, shouldn't the pee remain still?

johnT.

Not sure why people are using pressure type seals unless they are making a sparkling pee. It does not become carbonated when backsweetened. You are right John the pee remains still but I am very seriously thinking about kegging a batch next summer. I put my in regular 750ml wine bottles and corks

Not sure why people are using pressure type seals unless they are making a sparkling pee. It does not become carbonated when backsweetened. You are right John the pee remains still but I am very seriously thinking about kegging a batch next summer. I put my in regular 750ml wine bottles and corks

OK, Thanks.

I used a lot of yeast slurry (from a sav blanc, so it is used to rather hight acid) and BOY! it only took about 1 hour to start fermenting.

I keep having this song going through my head..

You have a brand new pair of roller skates,
I'm making skeeter pee...

(something like that)

OK, Thanks.

I used a lot of yeast slurry (from a sav blanc, so it is used to rather hight acid) and BOY! it only took about 1 hour to start fermenting.

I keep having this song going through my head..

You have a brand new pair of roller skates,
I'm making skeeter pee...

(something like that)

LOL, this sounds like it is gonna be goooooood!

Latest posts

Back