Ohio juice

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmmii

Reaction score
I know there's a lot of ohio people on here, just want to post up a recent experience.

My normal juice place didn't have any grapes this spring and I was calling around to different places. One if them was gentile juice in north royalton. After talking to Vince for a bit last Monday I decided to buy everything from him. We made a road trip out of it, 2 hours to downtown Cleveland, room at the ritz carlton and dinner at naughty mermaid.

Arriving Saturday morning we felt like family, were able to ask a ton of questions, sample a bunch, and learn a lot on the how's and whys.

After getting home I got a text from Vince just making sure we made it home ok. Every question I've had since then he has gotten right back to me on text or calls.

The buckets are going strong, and were the fullest buckets I've ever had. He said he gets them topped off and pays extra, and has to get one less pallet on the truck because of the weight.

The service that is offered will make sure we head back this fall, and I already have a list going from some we were able to try. If anyone in Columbus has an order in September, let me know, I'll bring it back for you.

ImageUploadedByWine Making1396893789.092349.jpg

ImageUploadedByWine Making1396893863.316793.jpg

Couple pictures, first is the girlfriend at dinner the night before, second is a side of Vince's fridge, really needed panoramic for a good shot haha.

www.gentilejuice.com

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

tmmii, thanks for sharing your experience. I won't be able to pick up my buckets for a couple weeks yet, and already I wish I had ordered a couple more.

Pam in cinti

He has plenty more, I really didn't do a preorder, and was fine.

Difference between our juice buckets and the competitors ours (Bello Chilean) are well filled while the competitors is way less....you get what you pay for in this case you are paying for air.

1397335252763.jpg

We got the Bella Chilean juice from Luva Bella again this year. Six buckets, just racked to secondary. I was very pleased with the Chilean juice last year, so this was a no-brainer. I'm glad to hear that customer service was the best from your source. That is a definate plus.

Having a cute girlfriend helps, too. :r

We got the Bella Chilean juice from Luva Bella again this year. Six buckets, just racked to secondary. I was very pleased with the Chilean juice last year, so this was a no-brainer. I'm glad to hear that customer service was the best from your source. That is a definate plus.

Having a cute girlfriend helps, too. :r

Agreed. And again, fullest buckets I've ever had.

She enjoyed the trip and her tab at the hotel bar, $21 dollar glasses of champagne add up quick!

We also got Bella Chilean juice from Luva Bella again this year - approx 415 buckets this year ! The Ph was right on !

20140411_140439 [600x450].jpg

Update
36 hours opening after 7am 4/14/14 Bello Chilean starts fermentation no signs of life yet on the competition juice both at 70F

1397487878053.jpg

Just got back from the annual pilgrimage to L'uve Bella Youngstown for the spring batch of Chillean juice. Rocky and I filled the truck!!!!! now th efun starts :)

TMMII cute picture of the girlfriend but the BEER has to go! :ft;)

Also, Joe Macurio here in Columbus carries the Mosto Bello, from L'uva Bella in the fall. GREAT stuff. saves the drive to the great white north

Last edited:
Haha yeah we stick to beer a lot of the time.

She still hasn't noticed the new bucket, I was told no more wine this year and steve offered to grab me some on their trip yesterday, I caved to the pier pressure and got one more. I need to bottle some real quick and hide the next one in a Carboy!

Thanks for picking that up and checking that Chardonnay again steve, I owe you.

As Steve said above, we made our trek to Lowellville yesterday and I got everything into fermenters. See Pics and my image of my computer screen for what I am making. Had a great trip as always with Steve. This should keep me off the street until fall, with maybe a couple of kits thrown in! OG's were all in the 1.094-1.097 range. I may cut the Pinot Grigio back to 1.090. I added grape packs to all the reds except the Sangiovese.

100_0638.jpg

100_0639.jpg

Haha yeah we stick to beer a lot of the time.

She still hasn't noticed the new bucket, I was told no more wine this year and steve offered to grab me some on their trip yesterday, I caved to the pier pressure and got one more. I need to bottle some real quick and hide the next one in a Carboy!

Thanks for picking that up and checking that Chardonnay again steve, I owe you.

That is soo true !!
I had to have a friend purchase and start the process till I can free up some space in the wine making room -
You can never have too much wine !!!!

Hey Rocky, you rock! I'm not a fan of spouts on fermenters but your set up speaks for itself. I like how you have everything documented on your computer in case you forget where you put it. I suppose when I get that old I'll have to think about doing that. :)

The trick is make what the "Significant Other" likes :fsh. then you start throwing in what you like. Now your hobby saves money and is a "NO BRAINER"

THAT IS HOW YOU DO IT::::

That is soo true !!
I had to have a friend purchase and start the process till I can free up some space in the wine making room -
You can never have too much wine !!!!

I have that dilemma now! I have 14 carboys working and only 4 that can be bottles. I just came home with 8 buckets!!! UF DA! What will I do???

I have that dilemma now! I have 14 carboys working and only 4 that can be bottles. I just came home with 8 buckets!!! UF DA! What will I do???

do like what I did - ferment it at a friends house till a couple are ready to bottle and swap out the carboys - then there are still 14 in the room - correct ??

I just counted - I have 19 carboys at my house at the present and at least 4 more at a friends place - I think I need more friends -LOL

As Steve said above, we made our trek to Lowellville yesterday and I got everything into fermenters. See Pics and my image of my computer screen for what I am making. Had a great trip as always with Steve. This should keep me off the street until fall, with maybe a couple of kits thrown in! OG's were all in the 1.094-1.097 range. I may cut the Pinot Grigio back to 1.090. I added grape packs to all the reds except the Sangiovese.

Rocky
How did you come up with the Super Tuscan have you done that blend in the pass. It sounds quite interesting in a glass. How were the PH levels in yours. Thanks

I have 20L dispenser bags ultra oxygen barrier you can hid and entire carboy of wine in your juice bucket.

Rocky
How did you come up with the Super Tuscan have you done that blend in the pass. It sounds quite interesting in a glass. How were the PH levels in yours. Thanks

Hi Jhawk. I got the ingredients from the internet and have played around with the proportions. I have made it with 1/3 each of the three juices in the past and it was good. I made a 1/3 Cab, 2/3 Sangiovese last year (mainly due to an error in my order where I picked up two Sangiovese instead of 1 Sangiovese and 1 Merlot). I really like Cabernet Sauvignon so this year I decided to alter the proportions to 1/2 Cab, 1/4 Merlot and 1/4 Sangiovese to see how that works.

As these are supposed to be balanced juice buckets (and I am a very trusting sort and somewhat lazy) I did not check pH levers. I only check pH when making wine from fresh fruit, which I do very rarely longer.

Back