not my lucky night

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scotty

Reaction score
I have tried 3 times to place a small order but when i get to enter shipping info i get a cannot display page message.
smiley19.gif

As it turned out, my problem was that i had too long of a message tagged onto the order. It did however give me an oportunity to add the 6.5 gallon carboy to the order. I just found out that i only have 16 gallon carboy and the other is a 5 gallon one. Pig in a poke from ebay. It will get use though. Edited by: scotty

Joan said:
Can you ever have too many carboys? I think not! =)

yes you are correct. i can easily see ordering a few more carboys for bulk aging anything i can resist over sampling.

I wonder if they make 4 ounce carboys ????
smiley36.gif

Make that a very</font> small</font> wine glass! =)</font></font></font>

Joan said:
Isn't that called a wine glass?

=)

I learn sooo much from the folks on this website. Joan are saying that one bulk ages in containers larger than 4 ounces?? 125ml i think.

i was thinking of purchasing hmmm let me calculate again(6 gallons times 132 ounces a gallon =792 ounces. That divided by 4 =198. OK 198 4 ounce carboys for bulk aging. I read that it is not a good practice to disturb wine while aging.
See Joan, i am always thinking long term.
smiley1.gif

LOL You've got it now!!! I just hope you have a LOT of shelves, Scotty! =)

I already know I'm going to need at least 2 more "wine glasses".

No one ever said this hobby was inexpensive!

Joan said:
LOL You've got it now!!! I just hope you have a LOT of shelves, Scotty! =)

I already know I'm going to need at least 2 more "wine glasses".

No one ever said this hobby was inexpensive!

Nice to know that im not the only nut that gets on the computer so early. Ive been at it since 5 am today. I dont sleep much. I usually wait till about 9 to get on a bike and head to the harley shop for coffee and chat with the other folks who have no life
smiley5.gif
smiley36.gif

Well i can see that you don't have much wine left for bulk aging
smiley36.gif

this morning i have to add some stuff to my 6 gallons of sangeovese and also treat a 6 gallon batch of welches with pectic enzyn\me. I sulfated the batch yesterday. I really dont know if it is necessary to sulfate a juice made from frozen concentrate.
i cant resist the welches project. im treating it like expensive juice and have the whole process down to oaking and aging all mapped out.

smiley17.gif
YAA YAA ALL NEWBIES TRY SOMETHING SPECIAL WITH WELCHES
smiley17.gif

Wait...leaving it a glass isn't bulk? Damn! I knew I was doing something wrong!
smiley1.gif

Sounds like a very stressful day for you, Scotty! =) I don't think it's not having a life. I think it's a great life!

Unfortunately I have to go into w*o*r*k for a while and wrrassle a bunch of computers. Enjoy your ride, your coffee, and the other coffee-drinkin', bike-ridin' folks this morning. =)

i think saying enjoy your ride is some sort of magic word to produce torrential rain. I took the Kia and went to save a lot instead. Gotta shop for food sometimes. Man does not live by wine alone.. Hmmm soon ill start making cheese too
smiley17.gif
. Anyone make some great home made crackers to go with the wine and cheese????

WORK!!!!!!!!
smiley19.gif
oh noooooo

i have a 125 ml test tube. maybe we can get a cork for it and sell it as a bulk aging vessel.
Ill bet AAAstinkie could come up with some great bulk aging items.
smiley36.gif
Edited by: scotty

The problem's not with the glass, it's with LEAVING it in the glass. You can't bulk age if you keep on drinking it.
smiley17.gif

Edited so that it makes sense. ?!@#?Edited by: peterCooper

peterCooper said:
The problem's not with the glass, it's with LEAVING it in the glass. You can't bulk age if you keep on drinking it.
smiley17.gif

Edited so that it makes sense. ?!@#?[/QUOTE]

What ever shal we do????
smiley19.gif

scotty said:
Hmmm soon ill start making cheese too

Scotty:

I thought about making cheese a while ago so I bought a simple cheesmaking kit. It sat here and sat, till a couple of weeks ago when I decided to try it. Made a batch of cheddar cheese that turned out very good, I surprised myself. It's now waxed and in the (wine) Fridge to age for a few months. Should be ready for the holidays.

Give it a try, you'll enjoy it.

I've made mozzarella and it was pretty good! I've never made crackers but I've made a lot of dog biscuits! Might those work?

Sorry about the rain, Scotty!
smiley19.gif
I didn't mean to put the hex on your day! Was the coffee good at least?

[Edited twice for double stupidity]

Edited by: Joan

Do you have to add pectic enzyme to Welches concentrate wines? I thought that wasv just to help break down the fruits.

Latest posts

Back