Nice weekend

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So, finally, I had a free weekend.

After 3 weekends for Chilean Crush, then a memorial day trip, then last weekend's bottling/crawfish fest, I finally had a weekend with nothing planned.

On Friday, we had some people over for a "burgers and dogs" cookout.

Then on Saturday, I got up, went to the grocery store, then spent the day cooking. Here is what I made...

Starting Course: Tomato/basil bruschetta.

Second Course: Clam/Andouille soup

Main Course: Marinaded Pork Tenderloin,
shimp skewers,
oven roasted tomatoes,
Mushroom Rice Pilaf
Creamy Cucumber Salad

Dessert: Strawberry Tart with crème anglaise

With the exception of the rice pilaf, everything was made from scratch. We stated eating at 5pm and finished our dessert around 9:30. Enjoyed more than a few bottles of my 2014 Petit Sarah, merlot, and barrel reserve.

Here are some photos...

IMG951285.jpg

IMG951288.jpg

IMG_1296.jpg

IMG_20160611_205728_260.jpg

... continued

On sunday, I made London broil, left over cucumber salad, asparagus, fanned potatoes, and garlic bread.

I did manage to get out of the kitchen and spend plenty of "ME" time out on my deck.

The wife picked some flowers and used an empty wine bottle as a vase. You might think that this is no big deal, but an empty wine bottle is a precious commodity especially during bottling season.

So, to punish her, I wore what my wife calls "You-look-so-stupid-in-that " hat and would not take it off until she promised to never use one of my wine bottles again. Score one for our side folks!! :)

IMG_1297.jpg

IMG_20160611_185816_174.jpg

IMG_20160612_185107_812.jpg

Last edited:
Every thing looks good and appetizing. :try

[I'm so glad I do the wine making and my wife does the cooking. Way, way, way more talent and creativity required.]

John, you are a very talented cook (and wine maker). Your wife is blessed to have someone like you take over the cooking duties. If I lived in your house, I'd probably weight over 400 lbs...

Back