Nice Score On Wine Bottles

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waldo

Reaction score
Found a reasonable source for wine bottles and got me a few. A fellow is selling over 1000 of them packaged 25 to a box for $5.00 per box so I bought me 6 boxes of all dark Bourdeaux style. Really did not need them right now but was hard to pass up a deal like that. For sure, they will not go bad
smiley36.gif

Wished ya lived closer to me Waldo....... Aside from going fishing all the time, I would give ya 40 or 50 cases for free.

My church saves me the wine bottles they use for mass. I get approx 2 cases a month. They have the screw top lids but they seem to work fine with corks & have not had any issues using them. What I like best is the labels just fall off in warm water, no scrapping or anything.
smiley1.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley17.gif

smiley17.gif
smiley17.gif
smiley1.gif
smiley17.gif

Lucky Al said:
My church saves me the wine bottles they use for mass. I get approx 2 cases a month. They have the screw top lids but they seem to work fine with corks & have not had any issues using them. What I like best is the labels just fall off in warm water, no scrapping or anything.
smiley1.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley17.gif

smiley17.gif
smiley17.gif
smiley1.gif
smiley17.gif

Be real careful when putting corks in screw-top bottles. The pressures involved can cause the neck to shatter and could cause injury to your hands. Look at the way the mouth of a screw-top bottle is constructed versus a bottle made for corks.
smiley1.gif

I have heard that before.... The neck does look a lot thinner but so far so good!! Maybe I have been lucky, but I am extra careful when inserting corks in the screw tops.

Waldo,

Where is he and does he have any more? Might be worth driving over this weekend.

Latest posts

Back