Nice craigslist score

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RotGut76

Reaction score
Scored these really cool wine boxes off CL. They hold 6 bottles each and have the "guts" inside to hold the bottles securely.

The lids are nailed or stapled on but I'm taking a trip to the craft store today to get some cigar box hinges and clasps to make them more user friendly.

Very nice!

If I ever finish the bar in my basement, I want to 'wallpaper' the front with wine box cutouts.

Very nice what did you end up snagging them for?

$5 per box. Maybe a little pricey. I'm not sure. I don't ever see these things around much. Even the liquor stores don't have them.

The guy I got them from works at a wine distribution warehouse. It's online only. They sell very expensive wines also "investment grade" wines. The kind I would probably never buy.

The boxes are cool though and he said I could call him back whenever I needed more.

$5 per box. Maybe a little pricey. I'm not sure. I don't ever see these things around much. Even the liquor stores don't have them.

The guy I got them from works at a wine distribution warehouse. It's online only. They sell very expensive wines also "investment grade" wines. The kind I would probably never buy.

The boxes are cool though and he said I could call him back whenever I needed more.

Look on eBay - $5 is a great price. If y ou ever find yourself in Virginia with a carload of those things, let me know. :D

Look on eBay - $5 is a great price. If y ou ever find yourself in Virginia with a carload of those things, let me know. :D

I will keep that in mind. My brother lives in Sterling VA and my sister in Chesapeake. I should go down to visit at some point. I looked on eBay. Wow!! I think I'll go back for a few more.

bkisel said:
How will they be used?

I have no idea. For now storage of my aging bottles. Maybe I'll decorate my wine room.

Here I have the hinges installed:

This one has cool "guts":

The hinges cost about $4 for 4 pair. Not too bad.

Very nice, @RotGut76. I live about 30 miles from Sterling and work about 10 minutes from there.

Oh, to go back in time, eh?

I was born and raised in Monteux France which is 10 miles from Chateauneuf du Pape. Lived there 24 years and moved to Buffalo NY 10 years ago. I still go there in vacation to visit friends and family every 18 months.

I was born and raised in Monteux France which is 10 miles from Chateauneuf du Pape. Lived there 24 years and moved to Buffalo NY 10 years ago. I still go there in vacation to visit friends and family every 18 months.

Cool!

Sing it together: "Sur la pont, d'Avignon....."

surlapont.jpg

papalpalace.jpg

Latest posts

Back