newby

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bannock

Junior
Reaction score
Hello, I am thinking about trying my hand at making wine, as my father did in his later years. I have heard about a method of using a balloon. I am wondering if this is a possibility, an old method that isn't used anymore, or something else. My father made all kinds including berrys and veggitables. Thank you for any info.

Bannock

Welcome, Ron,

By the time you read the posts on this forum, exploreGeorge's onlinestore , and ask any questions you have you will be ready to jump right in and thereare alot of good people herealways ready to help you!!!!

You will be making good wine before you know it
smiley2.gif

RamonaEdited by: rgecaprock

Welcome to the forum, Bannock! Glad to have you aboard the U.S.S. Fine Vine Wines!

Wine equipment has indeed progressed from the days of the balloon! There's a great world of wine making toys available in every price range.

People here will be more than glad to answer any questions you have,
smiley23.gif
encourage you on your journey
smiley32.gif
and be here for you if something should go terribly wrong.
smiley19.gif
Far more often than not, things will go just fine for you. My cardinal rule is, never pour anything out, no matter how bad YOU think it is, until several people on the forum tell you it's a goner. Most of the time things aren't as bad as they seem. Wine making, it mimics life! (I'm just too witty tonight! I think I'll have some Strawberry Mead to clear all that nonsense out!)

Bannock - Tell us more about what you would like to accomplish regarding
wine making. For example, you can make kits, or you can do as your father
and make country wines from scratch. Many here on the forum are ready to
advise as needed (or we'll be truthful and just say we don't know!)
smiley36.gif

Welcome Bannock,

PWP was correct about equipment progressing from days of the balloon. The good thing is wine making supplies are as easy to get as ordering from the internet, or if you are lucky enough to have a supply store near by. Spoilage is much easier to avoid today than in the days of ole' with the sanitizers available.

Beware, this hobby is very addicting!

Good luck and ask questions, the people here are friendly and willing to help!

Pat

Well... I've decided to go from wine consumer to producer and just received two big boxes from FedEx, so George, if you're reading this, the shipment arrived! And thanks again, for your quick answers to my questions.

I'm in Missoula, Montana, and my son and I look forward to getting our first batch going -- thanks in advance to all those who have passed on the tips in the forum -- it is an education just reading them.

Welcome Bannock glad to have you onboard. Sorry I can'T help you with the balloon method.

Bill

Thanks for all the welcomes, it warms the heart like a good glass of fine wine. I'm sure we will be in communication and become good friends. My father used to be famous in his travel club (especially with the ladies) for his parsnip wine, myself I preferred his raspberry wine. I will probably be doing berry wines mainly, as they are so plentiful here in the northwest. Thank you for the replies.

Bannock

Latest posts

Back