Newbie from Columbus Ohio and "les Trois Chiens" cellar

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shoebiedoo

Reaction score
After a years hiatus from the hobby and a Vacation in the finger lakes area, cruising the wine trails, my passion for wine making has returned :ib I've only really made Winexperts Cab franc and the Australian Chardonnay as those were what we liked to Consume the most. I still like making the "pizza" wines which I'm trying a couple different kit's to fill the void. Winexpert's Vieux Chateau Du Roi is the 1st on the list and is in the secondary fermenting stage. I just got En Primeur's Amerone, which I am REAL excited to get started. I have a list of 5 or 6 others that I will be starting so that in another 4 months or so I will be drinking (almost) exclusively wines from MY cellar. Here's what I have on my Radar

RJ Spagnols:
ITALIAN SUPER TUSCAN (based on what I've read hear...a MUST)
ROSSO GRANDE
French Grenache Syrah

Mosti Mondiale
Renaissance Castel del Papa

LET THE JOURNEY BEGIN:db

Steve

trois Chien cote de wone (avatar).jpg

You got off the line once but turned around and got hooked again! Welcome back... and to the forum.

Hey, Shoebiedoo,

Good to hear that you are getting back in. I live in Powell. Where are you? Also, when you were in the Finger Lakes area, did you happen upon Casa Larga Vineyard in Fairport? I used to live right across the street behind it on Vineyard Hill.

Welcome back.

Hey, Shoebiedoo,

Good to hear that you are getting back in. I live in Powell. Where are you? Also, when you were in the Finger Lakes area, did you happen upon Casa Larga Vineyard in Fairport? I used to live right across the street behind it on Vineyard Hill.

Welcome back.

I'm down I Hilliard. We went on Seneca and Cayuga lake tours. I really liked Vantosa and Lamereux (spelling) where do you buy supplies anymore? Wine makers guild is never open and the one on high street has a very small inventory. HELP!!! LOL

Hi,

Glad you didn't quite forever, welcome to winemakingtalk

Welcome to the forum. I have lots of relatives in the area.

Welcome back Steve! I live in Sidney, Ohio north of Dayton. I get most of my supplies shipped in from Midwest Supplies - their customer service is very good! Good luck in returning to an addictive hobby!
Russ

One Newbie to another. Ashland has a pretty good wine and supplies store at Mitchell Orchards. Grape and Grain in Akron has many supplies and equipment, and sells online. Small shop in Mansfield(home) at Hursch Drug Store but not really well stocked.

Forgot about the hardware store in Berlin, behind Sol's. Good store but Amish so no internet.

Welcome back to a great hobby, I mean obsession. I also live in Hilliard. There are several winemakers in this area. There is a place in Grandview, Gentiles that is good for supplies. Also, there is The winemakers toy store that is advertised on this site. They are very good, I have ordered from them several times.

Latest posts

Back