Newbee

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cajun713

Junior
Reaction score
Just found the forum AFTER I made my first batch...(I hope it is drinkable) all I did was pick some pears off of my tree(about 5 #'s), peeled and sliced and ran them through a grinder, added 8#s of sugar a pack of wine yeast, put about 4 gallons of water in a jug with everything and and an Airlock, and am hoping for the best. No I didn't know about SG, sanitizing or any thing else, gee I hope I don't poison myself.(LOL)
I should have done my research first, but was given help by a relative that used to make his wine the way I described, like I said before, hope it is drinkable.
Looking forward to any and all help You all would be willing to give, and hope to one day create a product any of you would be proud of!

P. S. I posted earlier using my phone and don't know if i did it right cause it comes up as a private message!
Sincerely,

Cajun713:a1

Welcome. Good to see ya. I believe your wine is going to come out really weak flavor wise. Pear is pretty mild and you are not using quite enough. You will most likely wind up with with some kind of wine off your batch, if you can flavor it after ferment you mite wind up with something that is fairly pleasent to drink. Do some research on here, ask some questions if you have any and we can most likely help you make some really good wine. Best of luck with it, Arne.

To anyone who knows: what degree hydrometer do i need to buy? Got one went LOCAL WINE SHOP AND FOUND WHAT I NEED!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back