newbee question

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rem1

Reaction score
Hi all: I have been reading this form for a year & have decided to give wine making a try. I will be in the Dallas area mon. & tuesday. Plain on stoping by the "toy" store tuesday to meet George & Mark if they are in. Will get the deluxe or premier starter package.
Since im new at this iplain on getting a Island mist or Orchard Breezie kit. Is there much difference in the two & are any of the kits (flavors) better than others. Also would like to hear some recommendation for a higher quality red kit that is not to dry & maybe a little sweet.
Thanks

As far as the mist wines they are basically the same. If you are looking fro a good mist kit that is sweet get the Blackberry Cabernet or Exotic Fruit White Zin. If your looking for a Mist kit that is not as sweet go for the Blueberry Pinot Noir, Green Apple Riesling, or the Peach Apricot Chardonnay. As for High end red wines that are left a little sweet there really arent any except some that may be perceived as a little sweet. The Amarone is perceived as sweet but most dont consider it sweet. Maybe a Mosti All Juice Lambrusco. This and the Amarone are listed as 1 on the sweetness scale. Other than that you will have to sweeten back which is easy to do or go o the extreme sweet with a Port. welcome and dont be such a stranger.

Rem, my first kit was the IM White Zin. Turned out pretty good.

Welcome to the Forum!!

Thanks for the reply wade & uavwmn. Has anyone tried the orchard breevin watermelon white merlot. My wife loves watermelon. However a watermelon wine even a "cooler" wine sounds weird to me. Guess we all have different tastes though.

hi ya doin rem welcome to the forum. Good luck our your new hobby. Im sure youll enjoy it.

I made a batch of the Watermelon and added 5 lbs of sugar at the beginning to bring the abv up to around 11*. It turned out pretty good.

Mark Cornelius recommended the Island Mist Black Raspberry Merlot & my wife made it on her first try. Everybody loved it.

Welcome to the Forum.

Latest posts

Back