WineXpert New Zealand or Chiliean

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dazed

Junior
Reaction score
Looking at the Pinot Noirs from Selection International and wondering people's opinions of these two. Made the Sonoma Valley and I know that one very good.

Looking at the Pinot Noirs from Selection International and wondering people's opinions of these two. Made the Sonoma Valley and I know that one very good.

Dazed, I did not realize they had a Pinot Noir in that series. I don't have any opinion on the Pinot Noir, but I have the Nero D'Avola in bulk aging and it is going to be great.

Rocky..I have the Nero in primary now, looking forward to that one for sure. So far leaning toward the NZ Pinot, agree with Robie NZ is know for some good Pinot.

A friend of mine and I have made the NZ Pinot Noir kit (it was our first). The wine is still aging, but so far we have been pleased with the results.

I suppose it would depend on what you're looking for in the Pinot Noir. I've had commerical Pinot Noir from NZ before, but I've never had one from Chile. My guess is, without knowing for sure, that the Chilean Pinot Noir would have some of the characteristics of a wine from a warm climate region (versus the NZ Pinot Noir).

Dazed, I did not realize they had a Pinot Noir in that series. I don't have any opinion on the Pinot Noir, but I have the Nero D'Avola in bulk aging and it is going to be great.
Rocky, Just to clarify, there are two groups of Selection International Reds now.

With Grape Skins, eg Sicilian Nero d'Avola
Without Grape Skins, eg NZ Pinot Noir

Steve

We are currently enjoying the Pinot Noir from the original series. Don't know where that is from but the wife likes it allot

cheers

Latest posts

Back