New Year's Eve

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Delivered the boy to his apartment at Pitt, the girl is at her friends and the wife and I are slugging around the house watching the Ghost Hunters DVD's and scaring ourselves silly...

Happy New Year to all my friends on WMT! I hope this year is a prosperous and fulfilling one for each of you.

The little wife and I spent a little relaxing time in the hot tub, sipping on a glass or two of homemade Merlot, listening to the fireworks as they exploded over the nylon gazebo covering out HT, just waiting to see if a fire was fixing to break out over our heads from the neighbor's pyrotechnics. Luckily, that didn't happen. We left that ienvironment went inside for a little while then headed off to bed, and fell off to sleep while visions of bottle rockets danced overhead.
I think, after last night, the fireworks manufacturers are adding more gunpowder to the fireworks these days. Some of them sounded like bombs going off.

BTW, the new year came in just fine without my help. I was in bed by 10:30. :D

Today, it will be the traditional meal of black eyed peas, collard greens, and smoked pork loin stuffed with link sausage.
:b

Last edited:
We have been hanging out with SWMBO's parents and some of their good friends since last Thursday in the "Outer Banks", NC. Man I feel like Eddie Murphy in the movie "Trading Places" when he said "no I believe I can hang out which you guys for awhile......" I suspect this is what it feels like to be a "1%er"....... :)

Back to reality sadly on Wednesday....... :(

Lots of nice things about the Southeast! Glad you could enjoy some of them, Mike. HNY!

Ended up watching Despicable Me with my wife and 5 y/o. After that watched Hawaii 5 O then the first 15 minutes of the news. Woke up this am, got the pork roast ready, had a Mimosa with my wife and now I'm heading to the cellar to rack some wines. Wife and daughter are at her sister's house visiting her mother.

Latest posts

Back